Hg300, Too Easy

Timmy

I think I'll cut 2/3" off the bottom of this thing. It's gotten to the point where I can mash this thing in my sleep!

i think ive actually done that! i seriously woke up with my hg300 in my hand a week or so back

i wasnt too happy when i got the 300, id read it was pretty hard, fairly close to a #3 an all - sure, its a good bit harder than me #2, but its not even close to my #3 - ive got the thing for 14 ccs reps, an ive hardly used it

ive got the thing for 14 ccs reps, an ive hardly used it

I'd love to see that sometime Viper, it would be a great inspiration if I could see you CCS an HG300 14 times

-Matt

Edited by PowerHouse

ive got the thing for 14 ccs reps, an ive hardly used it

I'd love to see that sometime Viper, it would be a great inspiration if I could see you CCS an HG300 14 times

-Matt

no can do, sorry..because i just got 23 reps! an that was easy, felt like i could do 5 more, my grip aint even full power too! forearms are aching still from the other day - i dont train high reps anymore but dont seem to matter, used chalk for the first time though, seems like its made a big difference! felt like it did, cut my hand though..

ill have this vid at the end of the month unless anyones got a converter - btw when i say ccs i just mean a little set, but actually some of these reps i wasnt using any set, the hg's are little things, i can hardly fit my little finger on em..lucky i can close it with 3 fingers anyway!...i hope my #3 is scared, it should be :devil

HG grippers are very poor quality. I advise people to avoid buying them.

i agree. i bought the hg300 some time ago and i gave it away and will never buy another HG.

the COC and the RB are better than HG.

HG's are a decent "budget" gripper, but not in the same league as the other ones mentioned. Not only did mine lose MAJOR spread after use, they also feel spongy or mushy when doing closes. Although I use a filed HG200 for strapholds as it's the only one that's held up reasonably well. It's like a 1.3 compared to MY #1.

Cosgin. The only HG I've ever bought was an HG300 and it seasoned down to a 2" spread and is easier than my IM #2. Maybe it was a anamoly in the batch but I don't have the budget to try and find out. :help

Cosgin. The only HG I've ever bought was an HG300 and it seasoned down to a 2" spread and is easier than my IM #2. Maybe it was a anamoly in the batch but I don't have the budget to try and find out. :help

Yes, the batch of steel they use isn't actually steel( Found out when I snapped my HG250). If your 300 seasons like that, try filing the inside of the handle. My 300 had a 2 1/4" spread, but after I filed it, it's only a hair easier then my GR8 #3.

i dont agree with all this bad mouthing of the hg's from my experience - i dont agree with this narrow spread thing they got going on either, but they dont seem to be bad grippers - my 250 is around the same as my #2, an the 300 is a good ways harder