Looks Like He Could Lift A Millennium!

OldGuy

So let's see a video of somebody duplicating the young guys lift. Meaning using the same equipment and lifting style and the same amount of weight .

you go first.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• OldGuy

• vikingpower

Steve it is a 60mm handle. I know because I made them dumbells and sent them to him.

That explains why it looks, on first impression, as though the ends etc are the same 50mm to 60mm is all of a 1cm difference. However, he describes it as a 2.5 inch handle in his log and not 2.3 or less. As many an actress has said to many a bishop (ahem) the little bit missing makes all the difference he he

The lads 17.

Given his recent progress I'm bothered he may well be using 'assitance' at a young age.

Just 'cause he makes good gains quickly dosn't mean he's getting "assistance".

Not just in grip. Personal experience as previously discussed makes me beleive that such 'help' doesn't do much for grip. But he's doing strongman event training as well and the numbers are already right up there. I'm concerned less with his strength (I don't do strongman) than the idea that someone who is just 17 may possibly be using.

Just my own two cents but i would say this guy has probably the strength required to lift the Inch DB but not much more. And I would bet good money that he can't lift a MDB.

At the SGC5 i deadlifted 75kgs (165lbs) on a 2"3/8 handle dumbell, does this mean that i'm getting closer to lift the Inch DB? No way lol: i'm still light years away (but working on it)!!

Now, as was said before: very nice lift!!

The lads done great, It's a good lift on a slick 60.3mm handle which is the same size as the original inch. Granted the inch did revolve out of the hand but if anyone wants one of these dumbells to compare I do them real cheap.

Just my own two cents but i would say this guy has probably the strength required to lift the Inch DB but not much more. And I would bet good money that he can't lift a MDB.

At the SGC5 i deadlifted 75kgs (165lbs) on a 2"3/8 handle dumbell, does this mean that i'm getting closer to lift the Inch DB? No way lol: i'm still light years away (but working on it)!!

Now, as was said before: very nice lift!!

Are you able to try an Inch? If not how do you know if your are able to lift one or not?

That third pic is off the chain, I have a pvc ghetto rigged thickbar i dont ever use, but I know by the position of steves hand in that pic that he is still the thickbar king.

the videos in the last link are two of my favorite in the gallery. it says Jim Wylie cleans the blob, but he actually curls it!!! and Steve's first MDB lift is pretty close to full dead :rock

If the guys lifting is crap lets see some of you duplicate it and demonstrate how easy it is. Anyone?

I DONT THINK ANYONE IS PUTTING THIS GUY DOWN FOR A 17 YEAR OLD TO LIFT THAT MUCH IS A GOOD LIFT A GREAT LIFT :mosher BUT ITS NOT ON THE LEVEL AS LIFTING THE INCH OR NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A MILLENNIUM IM TRAINING TO DO THE INCH NOW AND IM NO WHERE CLOSE TO DOING IT BUT I HAVE LIFTED WAY OVER THE WEIGHT OF MY INCH THAT WAY BUT AS FOR MAKING A VIDEO JUST TO TRY TO MAKE THIS KIDS LIFT LOOK EASY OR SMALL IM NOT THAT KIND OF PERSON ONE DAY HE MIGHT BE THE GREATEST THICK BAR LIFTER AROUND BUT AS FOR NOW IF HE COULD LIFT A INCH HE WOULD ONE DAY HE WILL I HAVE READ LOTS OF YOUR POSTS AND AS BIG AS YOUR HAND IS YOU PROBABLY COULD DO THAT MUCH TO .

The easiest way to lift a lot of weight with a thick handle is to lift the dumbbell back end off the ground first, the whole thing then coming off the floor tilted. Even easier is to the same style and thumbless. In that kid's 100kg lift he is not bracing and the weight comes up evenly. Using 45lb plates it's hard not to touch the plates with your forearm.

If the guys lifting is crap lets see some of you duplicate it and demonstrate how easy it is. Anyone?

You. I asked the other day and I'm asking now. It was you that suggested he 'looks like he could lift a Millennium' to which I gave a properly worded reply as to why not. It's you that's suggesting him not tilting but still have the plates touch his forearm is somehow better and it's you that is both still defending him and asking for other videos. I know you do thick bar and I myself have photos of that from you. So get one out, record it on video and post it.

As for it being 'crap'. Far from it but far from the lift meaning he can do a Millennium as well. The handle is too short and the plates too big and the weight too light.

Old guy, you are right, that lift is not easy. but logically if someone can lift a millenium then he will 100% lift that thing.

Edited by Alawadhi

• 1 month later...

the guy doing that thick bar lift is me! :cool:cool

i never claimed i could get anywhere NEAR the millennium DB but i reckon that with a bit of training i could get the inch (i'll tell you when my replica comes from the german heavygrips site)

some other things i have done include:

#3x8 with a braced

closed a #3 with an illegal set

#2x20 full reps

1 hand cleaned 55kg on the same handle, suing 10kg plates

pressed 60kg on the same handle

got a #4 to parallel braced

btw the handle is 60mm

Edited by CoC#3

70kgx8

80kgx3

85kgx1

missed 90kg

all weights don't include the large loading pin i use and the handle!

edit handle is new and freely spins

Edited by CoC#3

the guy doing that thick bar lift is me! :cool:cool

i never claimed i could get anywhere NEAR the millennium DB but i reckon that with a bit of training i could get the inch (i'll tell you when my replica comes from the german heavygrips site)

some other things i have done include:

#3x8 with a braced

closed a #3 with an illegal set

#2x20 full reps

1 hand cleaned 55kg on the same handle, suing 10kg plates

pressed 60kg on the same handle

got a #4 to parallel braced

btw the handle is 60mm

When you eventually get yer ass up to Gloucester it'll be waiting... :whistel

got no transport at the moment bud.

i am ordering a replcia and a 55lb blob of my own though! Should take 8-10 weeks!

A blockweight as described here ( not much info) may be a hex not a "Blob" and that is not the terminology that the site itself uses. Although it is easy to use these terms interchangeably there is a "BIG" difference in actual BLOBS and hex weights.

A blockweight as described here ( not much info) may be a hex not a "Blob" and that is not the terminology that the site itself uses. Although it is easy to use these terms interchangeably there is a "BIG" difference in actual BLOBS and hex weights.

click on that link and then at the top of the page click photos and you will see that blobs he is talking about. they look quite a bit like the york ones in the photos.

with regard to Steve's posts earlier in this thread about how much extra weight you need on a plate loaded DB..

using the exact same setup i was using in the old vid how much weight do you think would equate to lifting the inch and millenium respectively? :bow:D

Stop trying to second guess Sam just get your ass to steves place and find out for sure.

i've decided to spend the money on my own replica+55lb blob instead! :cool:ohmy