I Closed The #2

PowerHouse

I was within a hair of closing the #2 for a few weeks now, and yesterday I finnally closed it pretty easy. Im still 1/4" away from closing it left handed but was able to get the #2 for 5 or 6 singles right handed.

My #2 was doing the normal "squeeking" sound so I put WD 40 on the springs and now it sounds horrible. It is sounding like a grinding noise, almost like the spring is going to break or something. It is a new gripper I got it this year and has less then 100 closes on it. Just was wondering if this is normal and I should just put some more WD 40 on it.

Matt

Closing a #2 in a major step :rock I use gun oil with good results.

Congrats on the #2 man! I always use WD 40 with no problems...not sure what is up with the gripper.

If you got an air compressor try to blow the oil, silicon, wd40 etc. into the spring where the handles start (where the actual movement is), I always have to do this or my grippers, especially tho ones with chromed springs, sqeek.

I will try those ideas out, thank you.

Its almost like a clicking sound, again this happed after I put WD 40 on it because of the normal squeeking it does. As long as nothing is wrong with it I can care less, I just dont want it to break because I just got it not a month or 2 ago.

Again thanks for the ideas i'll try them out.

Matt

Edited by PowerHouse

I will try those ideas out, thank you.

Its almost like a clicking sound, again this happed after I put WD 40 on it because of the normal squeeking it does. As long as nothing is wrong with it I can care less, I just dont want it to break because I just got it not a month or 2 ago.

Again thanks for the ideas i'll try them out.

Matt

:flameGreat work,mashing the #2. Call IM.they have great cust. service.maybe can help with the spring and if found def. probably would replace it if only 1-2 mos. old.dont want the spring popping!

Edited by RICHIEC.

Congratulations! I myself am still going after that dang ol' #2 close. *sigh*

Edited by God-man

I was within a hair of closing the #2 for a few weeks now, and yesterday I finnally closed it pretty easy. Im still 1/4" away from closing it left handed but was able to get the #2 for 5 or 6 singles right handed.

My #2 was doing the normal "squeeking" sound so I put WD 40 on the springs and now it sounds horrible. It is sounding like a grinding noise, almost like the spring is going to break or something. It is a new gripper I got it this year and has less then 100 closes on it. Just was wondering if this is normal and I should just put some more WD 40 on it.

Matt

Congratulations! :rock

Nice close. Like unseenbeat said its proly where the spring goes into the handle, I have a #1 that does the same thing.

Use an old toothbrush and squirt some WD-40 on it and work it over and through the spring coil. :D

Congratulations!

Congratulations on the #2! :cool

Congrats on closing the #2! I'm still not quite there yet. I think I'll be closing it eventually though. With my right hand, I can usually do about 5 reps with the #1, and with the left I'm good for a single. When I squeeze the #2 on a good day, from a Mash Monster set I can get it just under 1cm from closed. I think that means that pretty soon I'll be a #2 closer. Or is that last centimeter a mile? :unsure