Super Squats Hip Belt

watzd411

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone uses the Super Squats Hip Belt for standing calf raises and Donkey Calf Raises? I am keen to give this a shot and was wondering about the success that has been experienced by others ( or failures).

Thanks

Rydini And The Talons Of Doom

I've done this in the past. Worked just fine. It's best to adjust the daisy chain so the weight hangs fairly low and you'll need something to hold on to for balance.

Edited by Andy

I use the Ironmind dip belt and loading pin for calf raises and really like it.It's easily the best calf exercise I've ever done,I never got much out of single leg calf raises with a dumbell and don't have access to a calf machine.

Thanks Guys. Built a large stable step, attaching some weight to the belt....going for broke.....

Its gonna hurt sooo good

Rydini ( From the shire)

Thanks Guys. Built a large stable step, attaching some weight to the belt....going for broke.....

Its gonna hurt sooo good

Rydini ( From the shire)

Haven't done calf work in a couple years and probably won't ever again, but I just couldn't load enough on the hip-belt comfortably for 2-legged calf work, and using a barbell on the hip belt just didn't work for 1-legged work.

I worked up to 90 lbs on a dip belt plus holding a 100 lb DB on the working side for 1-legged callf work for med/high reps. Despite the increase in strength, my calves wouldn't grow and stayed around 16" whether I trained them or not--and since I'm not involved in "jumping" style athletics, etc, I figured what's the point. I'd have to load around 600 lbs on the hip-belt for meaningful 2-legged work, which proved way too cumbersome even at a much lighter weight, and a regular (much cheaper) dip belt is just as good for 1-legged work.

I'd say stick to 1-legged calf work using a DB (in conjunction with a dip belt when you outgrow the gym's DB's)--otherwise use the leg press machine for calves.

I use it every week for calve raises it works well.I do them in a power rack holding onto the saftey bars.You need to lean forward slightly to stop the weights hitting your shins and stop the weight hitting the calve block.I use a loaing pin for the weight and could load to a very heavy weight if need be at the moment though i only use 310lb for 25reps and i find that hard

I also have a straddle harness from PDA which works just aswell if not better I think they might be a similar price aswell

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for you responses. I have tried the HIP belt for calf raises and have to agree that it is a little cumbersome. I have bit the bullet and am getting a plate loaded calf raise machine....need to load calves more easily than the hip belt allows

Thanks all you have all been a help to me

Rydini