Five 10's Went Up

Slider454

I have been wanting to try five 10# plates for a while but I didnt want to get them from wall mart so I went to play it again sports and bought 5 of the black ones they had there...they are standard plates because the olympic plates had to deep of a hub and wouldnt sit flush with the other plates when turned slick side out...but anyway I put a bit of chalk on all of the plates as mr Dan Praydis said to do and put a bit of chalk on my hand and to my surprise it went up to full deadlift quite easily...makes me wish I had bought 1 more to try six 10's but I will throw one of my cheap wally world plates in the middle and see what happens.

good job man. it's not too long ago i made the same lift myself. it's a great feeling. i haven't tried 6 10 lb plates yet but i would imagine that it's much more tough seeing as i know of only two men to have done it, richard sorin and wade gillingham.

Hell yea man, I just did that myself! And ya, try them 6-10's, that's gonna be hard as hell! I always forget about putting chalk between the plates, oh well.

good job man. it's not too long ago i made the same lift myself. it's a great feeling. i haven't tried 6 10 lb plates yet but i would imagine that it's much more tough seeing as i know of only two men to have done it, richard sorin and wade gillingham.

Heath Sexton Has. Bearcat74 on the board. http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/albun00?page=2

Nice job Troy.

Heath Sexton Has. Bearcat74 on the board. http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/albun00?page=2

I should have guessed Heath has! Thanks for letting me know. This proves that this is a difficult lift.

Edited by big bri

Thanks for the replys guys....I had an idea that the six 10's would be really tough since not too many guys have done it...but me and a guy that works with me both nailed the five 10's and both said that it was an easier lift than the 45# hex block weight that I have....the reason I think this is that you can get more of your thumb and fingers on the 10# plates and the hex block has the taper on both ends which doesnt allow as much fingers to be placed on the lifting surface...now I believe my Dan Praydis when he says that lifting the five 10's is easier than lifting the blob!!.

Troy, how big are your hands?

I cant seem to get my hands on 510's. I have 8 standard plates but 4 of them are kinda goofy rounded and 4 of them fit realy nice together. I can do 4 with 2 fingers easy but I cant even get my hands on the 5th one!

I couldnt even imagine 6!!!

AWSOME LIFTS!

Troy, how big are your hands?

I cant seem to get my hands on 510's. I have 8 standard plates but 4 of them are kinda goofy rounded and 4 of them fit realy nice together. I can do 4 with 2 fingers easy but I cant even get my hands on the 5th one!

I couldnt even imagine 6!!!

AWSOME LIFTS!

Damn Mucles turtle, you must have crazy small hands, mine are seven inches, and I've got a lil bit to spare on 5-10's. I'm pretty sure 6-10's is all fingertips tho.

from the first crease in my wrist to the tip of my middle finger my hands are a full 8 inches.

my hands measure 7.5 inches. kind of on the smaller side i'd say.

My hands are 7.5 as well. THe only thing I don't think I willever be able to do because of hand size is blob by the face and the big hex blocks. Like the half of the 110 and 115.

Edited by nickr104

nice lifting troy now get a video and send it to jed and get your name on the gripboard records and stats if thats what you want to do :rock me to nick the blob 50 by the face is to wide maybe a 45 blob some day :angry:

Hit me with a PM when you get a picture or film, to be official and I will put you on this list.

-Jedd-

My hands are 7.5 as well. THe only thing I don't think I willever be able to do because of hand size is blob by the face and the big hex blocks. Like the half of the 110 and 115.

at the gym i lift at they have the old york blob-style dumbbells and i turned the 100 lb dumbbell on end and put my hand on the face to see how wide it is and it's just too much for hands our size. i can barely get the tips of my fingers on the edge. but then again it would be definitely a great long-long-term goal!

Blob is easier than 5 10s for me - not sure why exactly - I've done 6-10s with a pipe in them but can't even think about it without it - Blob by the face is never gonna happen here - I don't know how Richard does it - his hands aren't much longer than mine - it has to do with "span" as much as length I believe - of course it doesn't hurt to have a crazy strong wide pinch either. My hands are 7 5/8".

Looking forward to meeting you at the GGC Troy - also glad you'll be in big hands :rolleyes

Edited by climber511

Blob is easier than 5 10s for me - not sure why exactly - I've done 6-10s with a pipe in them but can't even think about it without it - Blob by the face is never gonna happen here - I don't know how Richard does it - his hands aren't much longer than mine - it has to do with "span" as much as length I believe - of course it doesn't hurt to have a crazy strong wide pinch either. My hands are 7 5/8".

Looking forward to meeting you at the GGC Troy - also glad you'll be in big hands :rolleyes

Guess I will get a shot at lifting the blob at the GGC this year....Climber I dont think that you would have anything to worry about even If I was in the small hands division....I have never layed my hands on a Vbar or a Rolling Thunder or any sized blob lol I dont know how things are going to play out for me at the GGC but I just want to try all the things I hvent tried yet just to get a feel for them.

Troy - don't worry - you'll have a great time and probably surprise yourself as well. The tall old guy with a real short grey beard will be me - come over and say howdy!