Made A Loadable Inch Handle Today

Wes

Since I'm going on vacation in late July, and Tommy Heslep graciously offered to let me try his Inch, I decided I'd better make something to train with :ohmy The bell has 10 inches of space on either side to load olympic plates and has a 4 inch wide, 2.5'' diameter handle just like the original. Total cost was something like $17.

List

-1 1/2'' galvanized pipe, 24'' long, about $13

-A 2 inch diameter galvanized steel pipe, this one was threaded on both ends, and when the threading was cut off, exactly 4 inches of 2.5'' OD pipe was left. About $3.99 in the connector section.

-6 drywall screws

Mark the center of the 24 inch pipe, cut the threads off the 2 inch pipe piece, leaving a 4 inch piece of smooth 2.5'' OD pipe, and slide the connector on the pipe. Use a marker to mark on either side of the 2.5'' piece. Take the drywall screws and screw/hammer them in the gap between the pipes and cut off the ends with a hacksaw. This creates a non-revolving, off center handle, which makes it fun to lift, it would probably be good to add some JB Weld or something, but I'm lazy :laugh I've put quite a bit of weight on it and the handle stays put, so it holds pretty well. Making your own equipment is great :mosher

Edited by Wes

Can You post a pic? Would be interesting!

As long as it's got that off-center handle, it'd be perfect to train for the inc. Bring it around sometime for sure.