Twist Yo Wrist

steel

right, thanks :rock .

yea i have one and i also bought a heavy hammer II and my 2 tyear old son uses the twist yo wrist more than i do....heavy hammer II or the wrist reienfocer is a better buy IMO

yea i have one and i also bought a heavy hammer II and my 2 tyear old son uses the twist yo wrist more than i do....heavy hammer II or the wrist reienfocer is a better buy IMO

Ive had one for a while but never really used it.I wonder what benefits if any it might give over a regular wrist roller?

Mark

Ive had one for a while but never really used it.I wonder what benefits if any it might give over a regular wrist roller?

Mark

it basically immitates leverage work...doesnt really even come close to a real wrist roller which pumps the forearms...when you hold your hands sideways and twist up its hitting the same muscles as a leverage device...but it does have a wide span so it does really work your grip at the same time...but IMO the heavy hammer II does it just as well....with a 2" wide handle and the weight being about 12" away from your hand it gives good wrist work while working the grip at the same time...over time using it I have built up to 15 pounds with three 5 pound plates for a max attempt....12 1/2 pounds for reps and I have noticed a huge difference in my bending work.

Mark

it basically immitates leverage work...doesnt really even come close to a real wrist roller which pumps the forearms...when you hold your hands sideways and twist up its hitting the same muscles as a leverage device...but it does have a wide span so it does really work your grip at the same time...but IMO the heavy hammer II does it just as well....with a 2" wide handle and the weight being about 12" away from your hand it gives good wrist work while working the grip at the same time...over time using it I have built up to 15 pounds with three 5 pound plates for a max attempt....12 1/2 pounds for reps and I have noticed a huge difference in my bending work.

Thanks for that great advice

Mark

IMO the Twist Yo Wrist is fantastic for PINCH, if you hold the sides strictly by your fingertips & thumbtip. Several times I've done 1 or 2 full reps & have been very sore in my fingers for days afterwards.

On the other hand, if I hold it more like a wrist roller (thumb pad completely resting on it, giving far more leverage to the twist), then it really is just about the same as a wrist roller.

It's an excellent dynamic pinch tool, though, if used as such.