Small Pr

don chi

I have had some 7" x 1/4" round CRS staring at me for a while now and decided to give it a try. Only got it down to 45 degrees, but for me that was huge! A couple of weeks ago I couldn't even think of kinking this thing. It took a lot out of me though. Bending it all the way is probably a ways off but I'm happy just moving it for now.

Awesome. I'm a begining bender and am in about the same boat you are. I can come close to a 7" x 1/4" round CRS. What method do you use? I usually start out DU then progress to DO. I just can't quite kink it enough if I start out with DO.

Anyway, keep at it you'll get it.

Josh

Thats cool Don, you are definately making good progress. You will probably crush that in the next week or so.

- Aaron

Thanks for the encouragement guys it helps a lot!

Josh, I usually use DO as my DU is weaker. I practice it with easier pieces to try to get the technique a little better. When it's a really hard piece I use Reverse, I think thats what it's called. Once it starts going I switch to DO. Good luck in your progress, it's good to see others on my level.

Hi Don, Nice first bends!!! I remember doing about the same thing, seems like yesterday. I actually am /was a reverse bender and found out that reverse bending some max effort stock is more difficult for me to get a kink. Sometimes even if I start with reverse style I may not even get a kink :blush, but sometimes can finish it DO :D . I also use reverse and DU to stimulate my wrists and hands in another axis. That 1/4" CRS is going to give in soon. Happy bending!!

Bending it all the way is probably a ways off but I'm happy just moving it for now.

I doubt it is. 45 degrees is a lot.

Once you can manage the 45 degrees man you will no longer be mind screwed by the steel and will attack it without fear. You are closer than you know to crushing that metal man, so keep after it!!!

-Sean

I hope you guys are right! Maybe it just wore me out, but that thing just did not want to move anymore. I think for the next workout I'm gonna do some 3/16 square volume. I'm a little nervous maxing to much too soon being somewhat new and all. Thanx for the encouragement, its great to hear from some of you vets!