Lifted Five 10's

unseenbeat

I'm having internet problems, so I may be awhile getting this uploaded. This video was my second lift, the first one was to lockout, but I dropped it immediatelly. I didn't quite own the plates, but hey, this is my second try to lifting five 10's. I did two negatives to warmup, and attempts were done in between military presses. With my left I am holding solid negatives.

I want to try six 10's to see how much of my fingertips I can fit over the edge. I think my wide pinch is pretty good for someone with 7" hands.

Vid should be in gallery.

this is my second try to lifting five 10's.

I want to try six 10's to see how much of my fingertips I can fit over the edge. I think my wide pinch is pretty good for someone with 7" hands.

Congratulations! I just recently did four mine own self...and was pretty happy about that. How is the 7 inch measurement taken? Span of the fingers? Heel of palm to tip of middle finger?

Wicked

Heel of palm to tip of middle finger?

Exactly bro. I hear you live near Gainesville. Also noticed you have quite the collection of firearms. You wouldn't happen to be a gunsmith would you? I mean proffesionnally.

[ I hear you live near Gainesville. Also noticed you have quite the collection of firearms. You wouldn't happen to be a gunsmith would you? I mean proffesionnally.

Professionally, no. I am a fair 'smith of revolvers, single actions and Smith and Wesson double actions, especially. What do you need?

Hmmmm. My hands are nearly 8 inches measured that way....hmmmmmm.

Wicked

[ I hear you live near Gainesville. Also noticed you have quite the collection of firearms. You wouldn't happen to be a gunsmith would you? I mean proffesionnally.

Professionally, no. I am a fair 'smith of revolvers, single actions and Smith and Wesson double actions, especially. What do you need?

Hmmmm. My hands are nearly 8 inches measured that way....hmmmmmm.

Wicked

Nothing at all at the moment, but me and me father have always had a love for older firearms, and besides that, we were in your are a couple of weeks ago with my unlce, and had been looking for a gunsmith to look at my father's old winchester shotgun. Can't remember why.

I believe from what I have read on most of the forum that 7.75" is average hand-size, so if you work hard, you should have no problems lifting five or six tens yourself.

Nothing at all at the moment, but me and me father have always had a love for older firearms, and besides that, we were in your are a couple of weeks ago with my unlce, and had been looking for a gunsmith to look at my father's old winchester shotgun. Can't remember why.

Wish I could help you there...unfortunately, the best gunsmith I know in the immediate area...retired just last year. He used to restore a lot of antique firearms and was quite a character to boot. He was somewhat caustic personality wise...but very skilled. I'll keep an eye open and an ear to the ground for you.

Wicked

Guns and gun posts... It would be appreciated if gun posts were taken off the Main Training Forum please. Thanks. (Goerner`s is the forum for off-topic such as guns, etc)

Guns and gun posts... It would be appreciated if gun posts were taken off the Main Training Forum please. Thanks. (Goerner`s is the forum for off-topic such as guns, etc)

Sorry Z, I have a bad habit of derailing threads, including my own. :blush

Sorry Z, I have a bad habit of derailing threads, including my own. :blush

Thanks and good job with the 5 tens by the way!

nice liftyou made it look easy :rock

I'm having internet problems, so I may be awhile getting this uploaded. This video was my second lift, the first one was to lockout, but I dropped it immediatelly. I didn't quite own the plates, but hey, this is my second try to lifting five 10's. I did two negatives to warmup, and attempts were done in between military presses. With my left I am holding solid negatives.

Vid should be in gallery.

Congratulations! :rock

5-10's is a BIG lift - and with small hands I mean that both ways! Congrats!!!

Hey, what is the thickness of those plates?

Where i am, i have not found 1 plate like the ones you use. Infact i am thinking that only a hardcore gym some 20min away from me might have real plates :(

The ones i have at home are generic 5kg plates but they are hella thick and have a small diameter, and a hub/lip on both sides...

nice job on the 5 plates dude. i'm still trying to get there, and your helping to motivate me.

take care and good lifting

Awesome lift! :cool

Thanks for the support, I wanna test six tens to see how much surface area my hands can cover on them, and I guess that's my long-term goal.

if you can do 5 tens that easily, then your long term goal is a short term goal.

6 tens is a long way from 5, but still a good goal. Get to the piont that you can clean 5 tens and you will be much closer to 6. I hope to do six someday.

Edited by nickr104