My Return To Bending!

SHRUG

I am making a return to the sport of bending. I have been away for a very long time, about 2 years roughly. I am going to make a trip to the hardware store tomorrow and buy like 10lbs of 60D nails, I expect them to be very easy but I want to do alot of volume in the begining to build up a huge base again. I am not sure how much I may have lost during my time off but my arms and wrists are healthy and strong. I have recently been focusing alot on armwrestling type exercises and I really enjoy it. I will aslo be working my grip all the way around again hitting grippers and pinch as well as levering and bending from all different angles. I also am going to bend in all 3 styles as each one helps build the other 2 in some ways. I want to be very well rounded and avoid injury at all costs. Anyway I hope everything goes well with my return to the sport as I would like to get involved in some contests in the coming months. Anyway I just wanted to post about my return, I will keep a log on how everything goes in my workouts here on the board. All my other training is finally starting to go very well, I just have a very strong urge to return to the grip sports and incorporate them into my training. I have had this feeling for a long time and can fight it no more. I also feel that the bending work will help my shoulders to gain more strength as well as to toughen up my tendons and ligaments. That is all for now, I gotta order some new grip toys and buy some nails, later fellas.

SHRUG

Welcome back to bending Shrug!

It doesn't seem like you've been gone for 2 years. What's that saying: . . . "Once a bendaholic. always a bendaholic" :D

Looking forward to your training log.

Dave

Shrug, it's futile to try and resist the call of the steel. Welcome back, and I look forward to reading your workouts! Do you have any specific long term goals?

James

Welcome back broi dont think it will be long before your near the top of the bending ranks.

Shrug,

This is a perfect time for you to be coming back. I am glad to hear it.

I hope you consider doing GGC. I know there is not a ton of time to train, but for someone of your calibre, I think you could do it.

-Jedd-

Thanks Jedd, that means a lot to me. I will see what I can do! :rock

SHRUG

no matter how much rehab you go through the steel will call your name and haunt your dreams. Welcome back to the darkside.

Edited by George Champlin

Very nice to see you back Shrug! :rock I predict a Red Nail in less than a month...and that's only if you can resist trying one that long. :D

I am making a return to the sport of bending. I have been away for a very long time, about 2 years roughly. I am going to make a trip to the hardware store tomorrow and buy like 10lbs of 60D nails, I expect them to be very easy but I want to do alot of volume in the begining to build up a huge base again. I am not sure how much I may have lost during my time off but my arms and wrists are healthy and strong. I have recently been focusing alot on armwrestling type exercises and I really enjoy it. I will aslo be working my grip all the way around again hitting grippers and pinch as well as levering and bending from all different angles. I also am going to bend in all 3 styles as each one helps build the other 2 in some ways. I want to be very well rounded and avoid injury at all costs. Anyway I hope everything goes well with my return to the sport as I would like to get involved in some contests in the coming months. Anyway I just wanted to post about my return, I will keep a log on how everything goes in my workouts here on the board. All my other training is finally starting to go very well, I just have a very strong urge to return to the grip sports and incorporate them into my training. I have had this feeling for a long time and can fight it no more. I also feel that the bending work will help my shoulders to gain more strength as well as to toughen up my tendons and ligaments. That is all for now, I gotta order some new grip toys and buy some nails, later fellas.

SHRUG

Welcome back to bending SHRUG!

I wish you all the best and always new PRs

:rock

Glad to hear you're back, James.

Welcome back James. It is great to have you back in the fold. I look forward to reading about your training and inevitable successes.

-Sean

Thanks for all the kind words fellas, they really mean a lot to me and will help push me forward faster. I have made several orders to ironmind and lots of nails as well as some other grip tools are on the way, I can not wait. I still need to make a trip to my local ACE hardware to pick up 10lbs of 60D's as well as some grade 5's and grade 8's in various lengths. I am pumped and I can wait to get doing. I will let you know when my stuff arrives, untill then I am preparing myself for war, later.

SHRUG

If Shrug decides to stay with bending, he will no doubt be one of the best short bar benders in the world. I have seen some of the stuff he did in the past, I witnessed the short red bends. Give him time to heal up and get back into it and we will see new heights reached.

Good luck dude-

-Rick

Shrug - glad you're back buddy - it would be great to see you show up at GGC this year!

My stuff from Ironmind arrived today, now it is only a matter of time.

SHRUG

My stuff from Ironmind arrived today, now it is only a matter of time.

SHRUG

Get after it!!! :rock