Stew Rosendaul, Shallow York Hub

Sean Dockery

Stew got video footage of a feat I've only seen/heard of Wade doing. Shallow York 45 Hub I think that this is darn impressive for a guy with 7.5" hands, and would like to know if there's anyone else out there doing these.

WoooHooo Stew!! Way to go, big guy! Great lift- you always make it look easy.

John Scribner

Congrats Stew! That's an impressive lift! :rock

Florian Kellersmann had done that in the past too. Here the link to the video I took:

flat York Hub lift

I had forgotten about that vid.

Very impressive :rock

I had been working towards it with a 35lb plate with an even wider hub but just as narrow. Can't remember how close I got. One of the things I want to get back to eventually.

Nice work on both guys part :rock

Jon@han

That thing came up quick! Nice job Stew.

-Jedd-

Good stuff!

Way to go friend - what happened - was Nick getting close?

Way to go friend - what happened - was Nick getting close?

I Am not close to that one yet. I have tried, but has not come up yet. Nice Job Big Bro!!! I forgot about that video of Flo Too. Sorry big guy.

Edited by nickr104

Thanks guys I don't rember seeing the one of Flo doing it thanks for the link has he done 2 at ounce yet thats what I want to shoot for next.

Thanks guys I don't rember seeing the one of Flo doing it thanks for the link has he done 2 at ounce yet thats what I want to shoot for next.

Stew, no he has not done the double hub lift yet. He gave two of his plates to me - so I'll try the lift (double lift too) this year too! Looking forward to Your Double hub lift! :rock

Edited by Burkhard Macht

Very good job, Stew :rock Keep up your good work and good luck with the double hub lift :rock

That's a grip feat that not only is super difficult, but LOOKS the same! Congratulations, Stew!

hmmm i don't know what's the great about it. i am not familiar with it. isn't it a hub lift? if so everyone does it. i think i am missing something here.

Edited by Alawadhi

hmmm i don't know what's the great about it. i am not familiar with it. isn't it a hub lift? if so everyone does it. i think i am missing something here.

The difference is in the plates - some plates have hubs that make for a relatively easy "hub" lift. Other plates have very shallow and wider "hubs" - making the lift much more difficult.

aha now i get it. i thought my hub is extremly weak because i can't hub lift my 35. it has really small hub in it. i thought everyones hub was the same.

Edited by Alawadhi

Alawadhi- I've been watching Stew train now for almost two years. He's been working at this lift as long as I have been training with him. Very strong young guy, but even stronger is his head (!!) and his mental attitude.....if he decides to do something, he's going to do it, or kill himself trying. It's a tough lift, and he made it look waaaay too easy on the video. I am now able to easily lift 2-35# hubs, one in each hand, but they are deeper, narrower hubs. I can't even "float" the 45's he's shown lifting in the video. Doubt I ever will.... that's the difference between Stew and I. He never doubts that he will be able to do it. Good luck with your hub and grip-training!!

John Scribner

nice work stew you owned that 45 looked easy for you it took me a long time to hub a 45 but its getting easy now i have found out if you stick with the same size hub it will take a long time we have about 5 different size hubs from 3 inch to 5 1/2 inch and 3/4 deep to one inch deep and do all of them now and it makes it easer to do now when i started training for it i would line up three 25lb plates and play like the cup game where you move them around with speed until you cant move them then we would then curl them until i moved to the 35lb plate about six months from a 25 to a 45 im up to 60lb now on a regular size york hub now and my son is working on 75lb he did it once but wants to get it all the time john and Alawadhi

try this for a while and you will get that 45 good luck glad to see the hub lift getting popular again when i started this board hubgeezer and clay got me stoked up to lift one now Burkhard Macht is doing some good stuff with some 45s keep up the good hubbing :rock

Thanks Dan, sounds like your method is kinda similiar to mine I work them on and off in spells. I do timed holds, tosses, curls ,and lateral raisesand lowers. I've messed around with adding weight on them a little not much I've gotten a deep hub with 7.5# before been thinking about doing more of the weight adding. I want to be able to do a double hub lift with these shallow yorks then I'll start adding weight on them and see how it goes. Also I've found the more thick bar and finger loop stuff I do the easier these get because I also want to get those fingers and thumbs worked up for the inch sometime.