Advice On #3

lukaz_

Hey guys, I've just received my #3, and it just seems I will never close it, but I know I will :tongue

I'm 16, turning 17 in august, and I can almost close the #2 on my right, I'm about 3mm from it, maybe less.

I wanted to know when should I start to work with #3 negatives, since it's very heavy and I'm afraid to get hurt :tongue

Thanks for the help :D

depending on how long you've been training with say the #1 and #2 already, you should be able to start doing some "light" negatives with the #3. What I mean by light is to help with the other hand to close the handles as far as you can hold with your gripping hand but then, without holding, smoothly let your hand open as opposed to just holding in that tough position for 5-7 seconds. After a while of doing that, your hands should be accustomed to the stress enough to try some heavy negatives. You can also do overcrushes where you squeeze say, for your strength level, a #1 as hard as you can for perhaps 10 seconds. And if you perhaps have 2 #1s, you can file down the inside of the handle to do beyond the range closes. Strapholds work really well for me. That's where you take an easier gripper and attach a weight to a piece of shoestring or a weightlifting strap and close the handles on the strap and lift the weight. You can always search around the site and find all kinds of good advice and all.

Work on getting to the point of dominating and overcrushing the crap out of the 2. In time the #3 will start to call you to pick it up. Then start the negatives.

DO NOT neglect working your WHOLE hand and building a solid base first. It will pay off in the end.

good luck.

Hey guys, I've just received my #3, and it just seems I will never close it, but I know I will :tongue

I'm 16, turning 17 in august, and I can almost close the #2 on my right, I'm about 3mm from it, maybe less.

I wanted to know when should I start to work with #3 negatives, since it's very heavy and I'm afraid to get hurt :tongue

Thanks for the help :D

Yeah, when you can click the 2 any time of day I would think it's time to start negatives.

Personally, I wouldn't touch the #3 for negatives until you are dominating the #2 and closing in on the BBSM. I've read of too many people injuring their knuckles with heavy negatives.