Blobette From Pda

Teemu I

Just watch your feet :blink When the blob comes out of your hand with that set up, it goes fast and hard.

Thanks for the warning, broken toe might distract my concentration... :tongue

I have actually played and beaten that game. You feed the blob jellybeans in order to make him take different actions to rescue Blobette.

That was funny...makes me wonder, is it coincidence??? :laugh

Mailman just brought me that blobette. That thing is so cool...and it's actually bigger than I thought it would be. I haven't yet recieved that lead shot order of mine, but it should come today or tomorrow, so I can test where I stand.

holy crap, that better not be 100 euro!

You could have bought that lead from a non ferrous scrap merchant and melted it in a tin can over a wood fire.... would have cost so much less

I cant even comprehend 100 euro for 25kg of lead... it just doesnt make any sense!

You MUST petition the government! :P

On a lighter note, congrats on the new toy - wish i had one :(

Edited by quazimodo

You could have bought that lead from a non ferrous scrap merchant and melted it in a tin can over a wood fire.... would have cost so much less

I would never fill the blobette with melted lead! Ok, the has more density then but for what prize? You can't cange the weight anymore. And even a light blobette is a good training tool - for example for individual finger work! So better don't do that. Lead shot is expensive but good!

Hmm, never expected that this will work. :) Did You alreay tried this with a blobette? Would be interesting to know the weight of a blobette completely filled with melted lead and how long it takes to melt all the lead in it.

Mailman just brought me that blobette. That thing is so cool...and it's actually bigger than I thought it would be. I haven't yet recieved that lead shot order of mine, but it should come today or tomorrow, so I can test where I stand.

After reading this thread I filled my blobette with all the lead shot I have and got it to 53lb ,at a push it would hold more maybe lifting it over 55lb.My blobette 45 holds just over 40lb which is what was stated on the PDA site.The shot I use was listed as grade 7, the guy also sold BB which is 2x the size of my shot and would limit the weight

Hmm, never expected that this will work. :) Did You alreay tried this with a blobette? Would be interesting to know the weight of a blobette completely filled with melted lead and how long it takes to melt all the lead in it.

Buy me one and ill do it :D

i might buy one later when i have some cash to throw around... It may be my only real option since in australia there are NO hex dumbells bigger than 45kg, let alone yorks and what not...

I am actually working on building a tilting reverb furnace to melt cast iron down... shall see how it goes, i have to collaborate with some lecturers first...

Good luck with blobette tho, dont go messing it up like i would :P

I have now trained a bit with that blobette and it seems to me, that it will take me quite a while until I even have to consider melting that lead. My best lifts with that so far are only 15 kg:s (about 33 lbs). The width of that thing has made my thumbs really sore, of course I've been a bit too enthusiastic in the beginning :)

I have now trained a bit with that blobette and it seems to me, that it will take me quite a while until I even have to consider melting that lead. My best lifts with that so far are only 15 kg:s (about 33 lbs). The width of that thing has made my thumbs really sore, of course I've been a bit too enthusiastic in the beginning :)

Teemu

33LB in my opinion is a great lift on a blobette considering you have just started training on it.I think the Blobette is a tiny bit wider than a blob aswell. Have you considered buying a blobbette 45 from John at PDA? it will help with the blobbette.I got mine a few months ago and it is just as good as the blobbette allowing me to work heavier as it is not as wide I can also throw and catch it which is nearly impossible for me using a blobbette.My entire block weight collection consists of a Blobbette and Blobbette 45, I have no need for any more with them.

Mark

Teemu

33LB in my opinion is a great lift on a blobette considering you have just started training on it.I think the Blobette is a tiny bit wider than a blob aswell. Have you considered buying a blobbette 45 from John at PDA? it will help with the blobbette.I got mine a few months ago and it is just as good as the blobbette allowing me to work heavier as it is not as wide I can also throw and catch it which is nearly impossible for me using a blobbette.My entire block weight collection consists of a Blobbette and Blobbette 45, I have no need for any more with them.

Mark

Thanks for the tip and for the encouragement as well, but I think I've exceeded my equipment bugdet for this year. :rolleyes I have couple of other type of weights I can use for throwing and catching.