Comparison - Martin, Nick, David And Benny

Mikael Siversson

Just to give you an idea of Martin's strength.

LGC XV updated formula used for grippers, pinch and vbar

Martin Arildsson- 302.65p

Nick McKinless - 299.47p (2006 Oz championship)

David Horne- 294.00p (2004 Euro)

Benny Wennberg- 290.95p (2004 Euro)

Not saying he would have beaten the others in five events but in those three that we can compare he is doing pretty well for a 19-year old. Both Nick and David Horne would probably have scored slightly higher than Martin if they had included grippers with the LGC rules in the 2005 CC (they had strap holds), but it is nonetheless a rather fantastic performance of a teenager.

Indeed it is, but he is actually 21 I think.

Date of Birth:

November 20, 1984

taken from his profile on Kolozzeum.

I was pretty close. :help

I think I got Viktor's age wrong as well at the 2005 Euro if memory serves me right. :whacked

Just to give you an idea of Martin's strength.

LGC XV updated formula used for grippers, pinch and vbar

Martin Arildsson- 302.65p

Nick McKinless - 299.47p (2006 Oz championship)

David Horne- 294.00p (2004 Euro)

Benny Wennberg- 290.95p (2004 Euro)

Mobster - 227.60p (2006 IG) :inno

Based on what I ought to have done on the mucked up right hand v-bar lift (let's say a low of 140-kilos) I'd have got an additional 45.85 points. If I had done more (as you included the Euro events) - say 150-kilos it would have been an additional 49.125 or about 276 points and change.

Of course I am fortunate that we don't hold 3 event competitions or I'd be worried... :trout

Edited by mobsterone

What would mine have been if I had pulled even just a 120-kilo v-bar with the right hand?

266.9p

See above. That said age 21 to age 41 - wowow! What will he do in a few years?

What's the best overall points tally in competition? I've just done some number crunching and I hope to exceed 490p in the Euro event. I think 500+ has been done before.

You can't compare the points from one year to another unless you use the same formula. The Euro formula changes after every contest (almost) as the formula for each event is based on the average of the top ten of all time in Europe.

I recalculated Nick, David and Benny's score by using the 2006 LGC XV formula. If you ask for the best point tally you need to specify which formula you are using. A 503p at the 2004 Euro is not the same as 503p at the 2005 Euro so one would have to recalculate the 2004 (or the 2005) point tally.

Sounds a bit like using the measurements of the great pyramid at Giza to work out what my PIN number is.

Edited by mobsterone