New To Kta

johne

I picked up the KTA program. I read throught it a few times to make sure I am familiar with the program.

I realize that the over crushes and negatives will take a lot out of me. The rep count does increase over the weeks, but I was surprised that the weekly rep count was that low. For the first week, 8 reps per day? Should I be supplementing the KTA with other grip excercises? Am I mis-interpretting the program?

Yes 8 reps per day.

No you should not be supplementing KTA with other grip work.

No you are not misinterpreting the program.

How long have you been training grip? I would not recommend KTA to someone just beginning heavy grip training.

Edited by Sean Dockery

I picked up the KTA program. I read throught it a few times to make sure I am familiar with the program.

I realize that the over crushes and negatives will take a lot out of me. The rep count does increase over the weeks, but I was surprised that the weekly rep count was that low. For the first week, 8 reps per day? Should I be supplementing the KTA with other grip excercises? Am I mis-interpretting the program?

RE-READ it before you start.

Target for the advanced program the first week is 40-50 singles.

Re-read Sean and Tony's posts. :)

Target for the advanced program the first week is 40-50 singles.

Correct. That's 6 reps per day.

BTW, I just re-read the 2 sample programs. I've read reviews and postings. I know it is difficult. I'm simply curious about the rep count.

Actually, with a rest day in there, it's more than 6 per day. Yeah, I know it's correct. I am the author! :tongue

8 reps per day x6 days puts it at 48 for the week which is on the high end.

If you are doing the program correctly, you won't want to do more. The volume also builds over the course of the program.

If you read the program you'll also note that it's stated to not perform at volumes where you need to struggle to get there. You should have some in the tank as far as reps every workout.

Actually, with a rest day in there, it's more than 6 per day. Yeah, I know it's correct. I am the author! :tongue

Thanx! I'm looking forward to your program.

I am on the KTA program right now...just got done with week one. Good times shall soon come :mosher. I love it. Just "keep on keepin on" johne. :cool.

Pain, this is johne, johne this is Pain.

I'm sure you guys will become quite close.

I start phase 2, week 4 tomorrow. The program does everything that it says that it does. My goal gripper is the #2, which I just barely closed the first day of the program, and now I'm closing it consistently, even at the end of the workout. I can't wait until its over, because what everyone says about the pain is true, this program hurts :whacked . But if you want it bad enough, you fight through it. After I'm done, I'm taking a short break, then starting KTA 2, for the blob, before moving onto the #3. Good luck with the program. Stick to it and you'll be happy with the results.

KTA is deceptive when you see the very early stages of the programme in terms of reps but it soon ramps up the volume and intensity.

I'm at the same stage as ghost - phase 2 / week 4. Now I can close the #2 (right hand) even cold, first thing in the morning and always shut it in my warm up. I'm about 5mm from closing it with my left and 10mm from shutting the BBSM (right). I have confidence that both of these will fall within a month.

I think I need to get a BBGM and BBE for next time.