Is This Any Good?

Joaorv

It was my second time today doing a hub lift and i went up 5 lbs from last week.

I'm using the IM hub (2lbs) the big loading pin with carabiner (5lbs) and 25 lbs of plates, so total was 32 lbs.

Is 32 lbs any good and what weight is considered respectable? :)

Loads of fun hub lifting :rock

It depends. Years ago, that was roughly what I was doing after banging away for around a month. Then I bought some chalk, and I could instantly do 15 pounds more. For most of us, using chalk on the IM Hub is a big advantage. Although chalk can be neutral on some things, and even a negative factor on others, it is a big benefit in the case of the IM hub.

25 in plates on the large loading pin is a good start, 35 is better, and once you get to 40 the herd starts to thin a little. The IM Hub is not a natural skill. I saw Odd Haugen loading the bar at a contest a couple of years ago(he was the judge), and tug (chalkless) on 25 pounds of plates on the large pin and it didn't move. It was obviously not something he used.

Most of us count the entire implement as 5 pounds when figuring the total. The last contest I was in they called it 5.5 pounds.

Hubgeezer

It depends. Years ago, that was roughly what I was doing after banging away for around a month. Then I bought some chalk, and I could instantly do 15 pounds more. For most of us, using chalk on the IM Hub is a big advantage. Although chalk can be neutral on some things, and even a negative factor on others, it is a big benefit in the case of the IM hub.

25 in plates on the large loading pin is a good start, 35 is better, and once you get to 40 the herd starts to thin a little. The IM Hub is not a natural skill. I saw Odd Haugen loading the bar at a contest a couple of years ago(he was the judge), and tug (chalkless) on 25 pounds of plates on the large pin and it didn't move. It was obviously not something he used.

Most of us count the entire implement as 5 pounds when figuring the total. The last contest I was in they called it 5.5 pounds.

Hubgeezer

Thx for the reply. Alright so i guess about 45lbs (yourk plate hub lift equivalent?) is still considered the respectable mark to get to :)

The IM hub is impossible to use without chalk if the fingers are the least bit sweaty, least of all in this damn humidity where i live. 99% relative humidity half the year and still 80+ or something the other half lol.

I counted it as 5lbs+2lbs because that's the weight that is written in the IM store for the two products.

you must add more LB to your pr. if your hands are sweaty you need really more power to lift the weight.

I must say that 32 lb is really good for the very first lift on the IM hub.

You must use it more and you can handle it better and better.

Result is that you can lift more because you are getting stronger and because you are able to "handle" the IM hub better than ever!

You will see that in the next trainings session with the IM hub. In 3 weeks you can lift MORE!

With chalk i cannot lift the same weight on the hub. (Glad that we have here not 99% relative humidity).

I only clean my fingers with water before training and dry them with a towell, thats all.

It seems it works for me :D

Try front holds, farmers walk, time holds, overloads and so on with the Hub, thats also really funny and pushs you into really high ranges!

Have fun!

Thx for the tips :) The hub actualy feels prety good/ natural. Next few weeks i'm goign to try plate pinches then come back to the hub and see if i can go up another 5 lbs :)

You think plate pinches will be harder or easier? gona see if i can work my way to two 25s :D

Edited by Joaorv

Completely different (for me)

One year back i was able to hublift a 45lb plate, also a double hublift was possible with 2 x 45 lb plates but I was not able to lift 45 lbs on the IM hub.

Hublift with the Hub devices is good to get stronger on the Hub device itself and good for training for a plate hublift.

But in my eyes you cannot compare the weights and cannot say when I lift this or that I can hublift a 45lb plate.

That was in my case, maybe other guys see it complete different!

I only can speak for me :D

Try it out and tell us what you see and feel

Completely different (for me)

One year back i was able to hublift a 45lb plate, also a double hublift was possible with 2 x 45 lb plates but I was not able to lift 45 lbs on the IM hub.

Hublift with the Hub devices is good to get stronger on the Hub device itself and good for training for a plate hublift.

But in my eyes you cannot compare the weights and cannot say when I lift this or that I can hublift a 45lb plate.

That was in my case, maybe other guys see it complete different!

I only can speak for me :D

Try it out and tell us what you see and feel

Right. I guess it's gona depend a lot on the plate itself too. the more diferent it is from the IM hub probably the less we can correlate both lifts poundage. Gona check the ones at my gym see what i can do with them :)