Apple Crusing

wrestle

i just started with this grip thing and i was wondering if anybody knew approximately how many pounds of pressure it takes to crush an apple. i've seen people do this and was just curious as to exactly how hard it is to accomplish. thanks

i just started with this grip thing and i was wondering if anybody knew approximately how many pounds of pressure it takes to crush an apple. i've seen people do this and was just curious as to exactly how hard it is to accomplish. thanks

In milo issue 11.3 John B. directs this issue...about a IM#1 or 140 pounds of pressure buddy. Welcome to the gripboard and this crazy world of grip :D

Edited by BigT

I can toy with a #2 any day of the week, but have had some hard days with an apple. #1? Small rotten apple fresh out the microwave maybe.

Apples vary even more than grippers, and if they didn't I still doubt that any direct comparison can be made. My little paws can easily TNS a #1 on my weakest day, and still might struggle with an apple.

I'd rate crushing an average apple as an impressive feat that few "normal people" can do, for a ballpark figure maybe like closing a #2 or better in terms of difficulty.

Also, JB's statement of 140 lbs may well be accurate? 140 lbs with gripper handles closed is alot different from when the hand is wide open on an apple. The hand is much stronger in the closed position (generally--obviously training background matters). Along this note, big hands help too.

Edited by rying

There is also the difference in splitting a larger apple, which ain't that hard, most people with moderately strong hands, and moderately tough finger tips, can accompilish this. However, bursting small apples is a completely different ball game, and is pretty tough. I have done this before, so I'd assume it requires less pressure than it takes to close the average #3.

John Brookfield talks about tossing apple in the air and crushing it instantly at the moment you catch it. That is really difficult to do. I haven't really practiced doing it, but have tried it a few times. With no success.

I was able to do this feat even before i close my #1. it is easy IF you use you fingertips(not 100% crushing).

Are you saying grabbing an apple by the ankles and squeezing, in a sense, or are we using our fingertips and a technique etc?

just dig your fingertip(without your nail) inside. no technique no nothing.

just dig your fingertip(without your nail) inside. no technique no nothing.

Well if its just like splitting but no nails, then thats ok. I was trying to crush the hell out of it with my palm/thumbpad/fingers(no tip). Twas not working, but it was also one of those stone line granny mays

A couple weeks ago Viper posted a video of himself truely crushing an apple. No fingertip, technique nonsense. This was a true and proper crush. Find the video if you want to see how it's really done.

I have a big apple tree in my back yard just now flowering. Usually I let the brown bear and the deer eat them since they are for cooking anyway. Hmm - mebbe this summer should be a "Strength through applesauce" season

:)

A couple weeks ago Viper posted a video of himself truely crushing an apple. No fingertip, technique nonsense. This was a true and proper crush. Find the video if you want to see how it's really done.

http://media.putfile.com/exploding-an-appl...t-finger-tips13

i could rep the #1 50 times each an every day of the week, an twice over on sundays - its nothing alike to properly crush it, took me months of hard training to be able to do this

Edited by viper

yeah this crush is awesome!

I bought a bag of apples not too long ago... some I ate and some I crushed. I got one on video that exploded right off and that was cool :cool ... then I had one that I had to put some pressure to before it went. Again, I have it on video -- I wish I could post up some video of that; I'm looking into getting a better computer to allow me to do that.