Just Snapped A G5

Number Ten Ox

I unloaded onto a 6" g5 bolt just now and was just feeling it move when bam! Snapped off at the threads and I whacked myself in the chin. No blood fortunately

No blood fortunately

I disagree. 'Tis better to die having bended, than to never have bended at all. And that was my sensless statement of the day.

Man, I hope that doesn't happen to me when I get back into bending, I've got a number of g5's I'm waitin to bend.

LOL wow man you have to be careful with that shit you can easily get hurt, i just recently broke a wrench over my knee and put a decent cut up the side of my leg. I knew that they broke, and i was careful with the ones that i had, but i had just gotten my hands on some that didnt break and they only bent, then i tried some other ones thinking that they were the same ones and well accidents do happen and i got cut. :tongue:whacked:tongue

Was it a black grade 5 by any chance? I've found those will break much more often.

Yeah! Those are the only ones I've found @ the local hardware store. Are the easier or just more brittle?

More brittle, they snap much more often than the regular silver ones. John Beatty was kind enough to send some tough hex bolts to myself and some other benders awhile back, and they were black also. Everyone found that they also snapped at the threads, just as you described.

Yeah! Those are the only ones I've found @ the local hardware store. Are the easier or just more brittle?