Going To Calibrate My Weights For Upcoming Contests

FrankyBoy

Just ordered a scale today for a 1-day rent.

Therefor we can go for some internationally recognizable records at the upcoming MGC 2.

Type of scale is OHAUS 937/B-30kg

Measuring up to 30kg, display resolution is 1g, accuracy 0.3g.

Scale will be calibrated before being sent to me and I'll get a protocol of the calibration.

I'll go to weigh every grip related equipment including:

- plates

- bars

- RTs

- vbars

- 2-hand pinch setup

- pinch blocks

- loading pins

and so on

Therefor we can go for some internationally recognizable records at the upcoming MGC 2.

Scale will be calibrated before being sent to me and I'll get a protocol of the calibration.

- plates

- bars

- RTs

- vbars

- 2-hand pinch setup

- pinch blocks

- loading pins

and so on

Sounds good. Just a question - how can the accuracy be higher than the resolution? Please post a list of all calibrated weights used for the Euro pinch and LGC vbar if one is used (as was done by Eric Milfeld) when you have weighed them along with the name and address of the company as well as the essence of the calibration protocol. How much did it cost?

Thanks.

Maybe I used the wrong terms.

The display shows increments of 1gr, but the internal mechanics/electronics accuracy is 0.8gr (0.3 was a typo, sorry) and that way it sounds ok for me.

I'll post all the details later and write them down in some kind of a protocol which I'll keep for later contests.

The rent does cost me 45 Euros + twice the shipping of ~12 Euros.

This time we'll use the FBBC vbar and keep two separate records for the two bars.

Good thing is, I'm allowed to keep the scale for two weeks and only need to pay one day.

Nice customer service. :)

- plates

- bars

- RTs

- vbars

- 2-hand pinch setup

- pinch blocks

- loading pins

and so on

Sounds good. Just a question - how can the accuracy be higher than the resolution? Please post a list of all calibrated weights used for the Euro pinch and LGC vbar if one is used (as was done by Eric Milfeld) when you have weighed them along with the name and address of the company as well as the essence of the calibration protocol. How much did it cost?

Thanks.

The display shows increments of 1gr, but the internal mechanics/electronics accuracy is 0.8gr (0.3 was a typo, sorry) and that way it sounds ok for me.

In this context, accuracy refers to the calibration results basically. In other words, if the accuracy is +-50 grams in the 20-30k range for example it means that a genuine weight of 20.00kg would indicate anywhere between 19.95-20.05 on the scale.

We are drowning in a sea of terminology. :blink