50 Lb. Box Of Spikes

Justin Reagan

You guys think this would be a good idea? I'm still kinda hit and miss with my spike bending--I've been unable to finish just as many as I've been able to finish (of course, so far that's only 6 or 7 either way...). And very rarely can I finish a spike that's already been kinked in an earlier workout. Maybe a little extra volume would help, just like with regular short bending. I can get a box of these at one place for a little under $70. Seems kind of pricey, but they normally are almost $1 per spike otherwise. Of course, I don't know how many 12" spikes make up 50 pounds. (they are the hot galvanized variety) Comments, suggestions, thoughts??

Thanks,

Justin Reagan

I bought a 50lb box of 10 inch spikes. Im happy I did. I think you should buy them.

Every bulk purchase I've ever made in regards to bending stuff I've always been happy with afterwards

Its not a terrific deal, but it looks like its much better than buying them one at a time. Do you have a way to cut them down a bit, like an angle grinder or a huge set of bolt cutters?

As far as bending them, there's a little trick to the 12"ers. Instead of pulling them as hard as you can right away, do 2 little kinks and then a big third pull then crush em down. After the second pull I've only kinked them a little bit and it sets me up for that big third pull that heats them up so they are easy to crushdown. As they get shorter it gets harder to use this technique. Heating them up makes a huge difference for the crushdown especially as you try harder spikes.