Grip Machines

Guest mikebyoung

Guest mikebyoung

My friend (and grip-partner) recently bought a plate loaded grip machine.

The handles are set up to mimic the grippers. The max weight you can load is 100lbs.

Has anyone had good results with these machines(besides Kinney himself)?

If so...any tips?

Thanks,

Mike

Guest Lucifer1

Richard Sorin has a real nice plate loaded grip machine.  I have it and it is great!  Go to sorinex.com...I believe

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sjeff70

The only thing I saw was his big and bulky 4 way grip tool thing.  A very difficult site to navigate.  It turned me off altogether.

sjeff,

for the sorinex site, go to the new equipment section, and I believe after the first or second "next arrow" you'll come to pictures of the G-rex.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest T-Bear

I think IVANKO Supergripper works as well as a gripmachine the steps are not bigger than it works good, it's a less expensive to.

The supergripper is cool, but you can't do any kind of negatives on it, and it is not as good for developing a strong sweep.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nick tangi

Hi everyone, I plan to use my Ivanko Super Gripper combined with my COC Grippers to improve my crushing grip.  I will keep you posted.

Nick.

Good choice!  I think it's too easy to cheat with a grip machine.  What I like to do is start with the Ironmind and Beef Builder grippers and then finish off with the Supergripper inverted.

Ah.... run that by me again?  Too easy to cheat on a grip machine?  ???

If you think about it, you could probably "cheat" on any grip tool within reason.  Heck, you can even cheat on the grippers!  That's besides the point.

If you cheat on a grip machine, you're only cheating yourself.  When I was doing work on the SW, I heard from a whole bunch of people how you can cheat on it... and you can.  I choose not to.  I went heavy, set my hand down hard, and took the whole weight on my hands.  :crazy

I have the SW, and the Atlas, a simple plate-loaded grip machine from NYB, and the G-Rex.  Each one is unique in it's own way.  And I work on all of them, depending on my mood and what I feel I need to work on.  If simplicity is your game, you can't go wrong with the NYB plate-loaded grip machine.  It's great for a beginner; load it up as heavy as you can to get real GODZILLA-like gains!!   :0  :0  :hehe

Guest JoeQ1966

I have the supergripper and I have coc1-3 now..I got my coc1 today and I am trying strapholds with it..There are so many things out there to improve or help you work on your grips.You could get a fortune wrapped up in it..Im going to try and close the 3 with what I have right now.I found a gripper at a store in california that had a rubber ball in the center of it and it was threaded..You unscrewed the ball and it would get harder.It was basically putting more of the  ball inbetween the gripper handles..What will they come up with next.

good luck all              Joe

The only grip machines I have used are Nautilus and

Hammer Strength. If you remove your feet from the

forward position (so you cannot 'deadlift' into the closed

position) it is nearly impossible to cheat.

If the HS gripper were mounted, so that the feet literally

dangled in mid air and could not brace against anything,

there would be no way to cheat. (and no way to perform

unassisted negatives)

So I simply put my feet 'on tip toes' under the machine's

seat, and I cannot cheat, because I am leaning forward

and have no leverage to deadlift the weight.

Sir Snott is right, as we at the Roundtable too oft have to

acknowledge: you can cheat at anything if you choose to.