Any Of You Guys Have This Before?

Dude

Try and explain the best I can so bear with me.

I've had this really bad pain in my right forearm/elbow for the past month or two. It wont hurt when sitting there doing nothing but when I place pressure on it like: bench it'll kill when at the top portion of bench/ lockout, doing dips going up, heavy preacher curls it kills the worse to the point I have to put the bar down mid set, closing heavy grippers I have to release really slow so it doesnt hurt as much. It'll even hurt pushing myself up out of bed sometimes to get up in the morning. Its weird cause the worst of the pain comes like five seconds after I take pressure off it in my elbow and forearm.

I've been stretching it out a lot before workouts because I figure its a pulled muscle of some sorts but its not goin away. Was wondering if maybe ppl have had this before and fixed it. Havent put iceyhot on it yet but I figure that will help cut down on it by keeping it warm and stretched out during workouts. Just getting to the point it kills to pick up a barbell with weight on it, annoying really. Thanks.

I've had this really bad pain in my right forearm/elbow for the past month or two. It wont hurt when sitting there doing nothing but when I place pressure on it like: bench it'll kill when at the top portion of bench/ lockout, doing dips going up, heavy preacher curls it kills the worse to the point I have to put the bar down mid set, closing heavy grippers I have to release really slow so it doesnt hurt as much. It'll even hurt pushing myself up out of bed sometimes to get up in the morning. Its weird cause the worst of the pain comes like five seconds after I take pressure off it in my elbow and forearm.

I've been stretching it out a lot before workouts because I figure its a pulled muscle of some sorts but its not goin away. Was wondering if maybe ppl have had this before and fixed it. Havent put iceyhot on it yet but I figure that will help cut down on it by keeping it warm and stretched out during workouts. Just getting to the point it kills to pick up a barbell with weight on it, annoying really. Thanks.

I'm not a doctor but it sounds like tendons to me, if it hurts that much i'd take time off and let it heal. It'll take a couple of weeks if it's just a muscle, but if it is a tendon it could take a few months. My advice is some R&R, at least for your right hand. Might me a good opotunity to do some catch up work with your left(if your like me and your left lags behind)

If it is a tendon it will not heal unless you cut out the work.

I'm not a doctor but it sounds like tendons to me, if it hurts that much i'd take time off and let it heal. It'll take a couple of weeks if it's just a muscle, but if it is a tendon it could take a few months. My advice is some R&R, at least for your right hand. Might me a good opotunity to do some catch up work with your left(if your like me and your left lags behind)

If it is a tendon it will not heal unless you cut out the work.

I noticed after my recent elbow surgery that if I pushed down on my forearm and let go, several seconds later a serious, serious pain would come on and diminish real slowly over the next few minutes. The issue went away after a couple of weeks. I suggest you take a couple of weeks off.

Edited by RogerSteffens

Sounds like tendonitis

R.I.C.E - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation

If you find that it is tendonitis you could try some light extensor work with bands - it helped me "cure" a chronic case of tennis elbow a while back.

Hey,

Yeah, I'd have to agree with Pryderi on this one. Don't want to permanently injure yourself.

I know EXACTLY what it is.

Its forearm splints. Hairline fractures along ulna. Everything you describe convinces me of this 100 percent.

You sound like you have it so bad that even EZ bar curls will be painful. You'll have to use dumbbell curls.

Basically my advice is now you know what it is, take calcium supplements/drink lots of milk. Don't perform any exercises that make it hurt and then when you finally go back to your old routine don't use straight bars for any curling or even an EZ bar. Use dumbbells.

Trust me, straight bar will bring it right back to the surface. The other stuff you describe will just make it hurt, but bar curling will frig you up.

When it has healed for maybe a month or so then you can go back to grippers because they will actually help the situation aslong as while doing them it isn't hurt. In other words maybe go down a degree in hardness of gripper and just increase the reps instead. After another month you can do your normal grip routine but NEVER go back to those bastard bar curls.

yeh sounds like tendonitis - i still get this a little bit every now and again but i used to have it for maybe 8 months straight real bad in my right elbow joint

they way i got rid of it was by doing high reps (50 or 100's) at the end of every arms workout

Ron

I hear ya. This is why I have given bending a break for a while. If it is the under side of your forearm it is probably a tendon. Inside the elbow is probably a ligament. Along the side of your arm is a forearm splint. I have had all of these in the last two years and it has moslty come from overtraining and bending. It sucks but that is the way it is. I have talked with two orthopedics and and three sports trainers about what to do and they all say the same thing,.... stop. I don't want to! And I will pay the price but just like you, I can't see you stopping. Your a smart guy, you know your body the best. When to lay off or when to push it. Good luck, heal up soon.

Let us know how the rehab goes??

Tell tale signs of tendonitis in the elbow. Lay off using the elbow for as long as possible. Change focus on legs for a while then work back into it slowly. I used cables to maintain strength whilst my tendonitis healed. Cables dont seem to aggrevate my tendons so much.

I hope you find a solution that works.

Rydini Of The Shire