V-bar Carry Over To Supporting Grip

danegarreau

Does V-Bar have any carry over to supporting grip? Would doing V-Bar help with farmers holds??

Been hearing so much about the v-bar lately, it's one of the few toys that I don't have. Just wondering if it had any carry over to supporting grip.

Does V-Bar have any carry over to supporting grip? Would doing V-Bar help with farmers holds??

Been hearing so much about the v-bar lately, it's one of the few toys that I don't have. Just wondering if it had any carry over to supporting grip.

I don't really think the vbar has much carry over to anything, it is more a result of crush strength. IE, you can increase your vbar by working your grip, but you really can't better your grip by doing vbar. I'd think that deep setting and holding grippers shut would carry over better to supporting grip. Another thing that works support good is weighted hangs from the pullup bar.

Vbar training would probably benefit exercises where you pull with the wrist at a similar angle, like pulling a truck with a rope using the arms or climbing a rope.

There is a moderate correlation between grippers and vbar but it does not seem to be very strong. Some guys that have closed a #4 pull less in the vbar, with a similar amount of specific vbar training, than guys that can "only" close a #2.

You would probably find an equally good correlation between two hand pinch and vbar.

I never thought about it until the GBB last time but Sean (Burner) had a big V-bar and later told me he had done competative tug of war at one time. Mikaels statement and Sean's results seem to bear that out. Probably also helps with the necessary wrist flexibility as well.

Dane,

If you can make the drive up to my place, I'll set up a v-bar for ya and you can try it out for yourself. a heavy poundage is very challenging! :)

Dane,

If I were you, I would not waste my time with the v-bar, if you are looking to improve farmers, buddy.

-Jedd-

No horizontal and vertical support grip are very different.

I do plenty of things to help with farmers, like farmers themselves, duh, lol. I was just looking for an edge, but it seems as though I have not found it.

my 2cents, maybe some very heavy rack pulls after a deadlift or squat workout. Good luck!! Mike