Where To Get The Blob?

ArchRaid

Hey all,

I was wondering where everyone who has a blob obtained it? What kind is it? Hex, York, some other variation. Not sure if this has already been answered or not. I know that blobs are sold, but I was wondering if there is a cheap and easy way to get one? I was thinking of just going to a sporting goods store and finding a 100 lb hex dumbbell and cutting the end off of it and using that.

Much appreciated

Hey all,

I was wondering where everyone who has a blob obtained it? What kind is it? Hex, York, some other variation. Not sure if this has already been answered or not. I know that blobs are sold, but I was wondering if there is a cheap and easy way to get one? I was thinking of just going to a sporting goods store and finding a 100 lb hex dumbbell and cutting the end off of it and using that.

Much appreciated

A hex and a York are two different animals. In most cases (your mileage may vary), the York will be Much harder to pick up. A good starting point may be to look into the "blobette" from PDA. The shape is pretty close and it's shot loadable. Click the Pegasus link at the top.

Good luck.

You can also contact Allison Foreman from York to order the dumbbells. It a little pricey for the shipping. I ordered the 80, 90, and 100 lb dumbbells (1 each) and the cost + shipping came to almost $300. Here is her contact info if you are interested.

ALLISON FOREMAN

MIDWEST TERRITORY SALES REP

for YORK BARBELL COMPANY

(614) 785-9266 office

(614) 785-9322 fax

allisonforeman@aol.com

You can also contact Allison Foreman from York to order the dumbbells. It a little pricey for the shipping. I ordered the 80, 90, and 100 lb dumbbells (1 each) and the cost + shipping came to almost $300. Here is her contact info if you are interested.

ALLISON FOREMAN

MIDWEST TERRITORY SALES REP

for YORK BARBELL COMPANY

(614) 785-9266 office

(614) 785-9322 fax

allisonforeman@aol.com

Thanks for the info!

ghost, do you have an of the older york blobs to compare the new ones with? I'd be interested to know how closely the shape/finish of the new dumbell heads matches the old.

I would also check any used sporting goods stores ( Play it again sports)

I picked up a pair of used York #45 olympic plates cheap. It helps if you tell them what you are looking for. Some places won't take in heavy single dumbells because they think they can't sell them. Leave a list with them.

Call once a week & you might be surprised.

Edited by j.c.eaton

Hey Jake, I wouldn't worry about getting a bl0b(50) at this point. It is truly a beast. Start with a 25 and 30 and go from there.. Its nice to have one (50) but in the beginning, unless youre very strong, its more beneficial to start with some lighter ones.

check the selling section on the board, blobs of all sizes come up quite often.

my $0.02

~Steve

ghost, do you have an of the older york blobs to compare the new ones with? I'd be interested to know how closely the shape/finish of the new dumbell heads matches the old.

I have the 30, 32.5, and 35 lb block weights and I think they are very similar to the new ones I have.

Hey all,

Much appreciated

I got my blob from play it again sports. They had an old york 100 dumbell they were using to weight down a basketball goal. I think the dumbell cost me around 30 something bucks? Kept one blob for me and gave one to a friend.

I wish i have a friend that gives me a BLOB!

York rereleased the "legacy" dumbbell series, which is where the old blobs came from. I tacked an order of the dumbbells onto my gym's equipment order and will be selling the extras when they come in (a month or two).

Someone pointed out to me that the new blobs look like they don't have the seam that the old blobs do. I do not know if this is true, as we were just guessing from catalog photos. I'll post pictures when my blobs come in.

York rereleased the "legacy" dumbbell series, which is where the old blobs came from. I tacked an order of the dumbbells onto my gym's equipment order and will be selling the extras when they come in (a month or two).

Someone pointed out to me that the new blobs look like they don't have the seam that the old blobs do. I do not know if this is true, as we were just guessing from catalog photos. I'll post pictures when my blobs come in.

Very nice! That would be very interesting to see! :rock

I live in the UK. Is there any chance of getting a blob over here? Dont want to pay the fee's to ship from USA.

TomY, your easiest option might be to order and ship one of the hollow loadable replicas..

Or scour all local gyms for old 100lb dumbells..

Or make a PVC replica and buy some lead shot to fill it.

FBBC's simulator, while looking a bit umm.. ghetto or jerry rigged would probably be cheap to ship and simulate the actual blob pretty well once you get it dialed in.. (make your own maybe? :O)

~S

• 3 weeks later...

After Reading This Thread Looks Like I Have To Cancel My Work Hex dumbell order as these heads are not blobs. have to order the legacy dumbells from YORK. IS THIS CORRECT.THANKS

Yes, but hex blockweights are excellent anyway, personally if i could get my hands on 1 or the other i wouldnt care much. On that note, did you know that there are ZERO hex dumbells in australia over 50lb (ie biggest whole hex dumbell is 25kg). I have no chance of getting a few block weights affordably...

Thanks For The Input. Will In With Legacy Cause Like To Quick With Tradition. Sorry Over 25 kg not available. what does john brookfield suggest with block weights. awaiting 2 books from IRONMIND

Thanks For The Input. Will In With Legacy Cause Like To Quick With Tradition. Sorry Over 25 kg not available. what does john brookfield suggest with block weights. awaiting 2 books from IRONMIND

Where would you find that 100 lbs York dumbbell in Europe? Are there any retailers?

I Just Ordered The 60lb legacy dumbell from John at York. Allison as mentioned responded very quickly to my email. the York is .80lb

The legacy is available to 100lbs. but in the near future 150lb. legacy will be avail. to make 75lb. blobs! Good luck and happy blobbing!