My Coc Grippers Are In!

Chrisx9118

Well i got my #1 and #2 CoC grippers yesterday and man was i surprised. I thought i had some pretty decent hand strength, and i couldnt close the #1 but was very close. Took it to work and nobody could close it, all my friends couldnt close it lol Well today after the gym after some forearm workouts i finally closed it, then 2 times after that. Felt great :rock On to #2, with months of training to come :tongue

Congrats man. You are right where I am right now. I just got the #2 in yesterday. I let my friend try it and he closed it twice...I was like...what the. Oh well...I am alittle past parallel on the #2 and can close the #1 consistantly now. Good luck to ya.

Who the hell is your friend a grip monster??? lol Yea the #2 just owns the #1 nasty style, i can get it to parallel but thats about it. Good luck to us :rock

Haha yeah, he is pretty intense. Of course he is 228#, 6'3" or 6'4" and his hands are like 8.5" or something. He has huge bear paws. He started with the HG 200 about 2 weeks ago or so. He reps that thing. It's alright though, something to strive for. :cool

Good job on the #1. My first set of grippers just arrived today. I got a trainer and #1 CoC.

I was also surprised at how hard the #1 was to close.

Got the #1 closed with my left hand and got almost there with my right. I have a long way to go before ordering the #2.

Your friend closing the #2 on the first try is insane.

Haha yeah, he is pretty intense. Of course he is 228#, 6'3" or 6'4" and his hands are like 8.5" or something. He has huge bear paws. He started with the HG 200 about 2 weeks ago or so. He reps that thing. It's alright though, something to strive for. :cool

Big guy with big hands, If he does any manual labour i'm not surprised he can close it.

I just ordered the whole set of HG's to help me reach my CoC goals :rock Looking to see how they compare to the CoC's in difficulty, if i can close the #1 for just 1 rep, what should the HG200 be like for me ? lol

I was going to buy some HG grippers, or something comparable, but I really did not want to buy more grippers, just to progress with the COC grippers.

Instead, I filed my #1, for warmups, and started out using a choker for a parallel close of the #2 to improve my set. I now have it barely choked and can close the #2 with a bit of crush.

Once I can crush the #2 with no choker at all I'll just file it a bit, instead of buying more grippers.

One key point for me was to finally realize that a nice good break between the warmup on my #1, of around 1-2 hours, was the key to getting nice closes on the #2.

Doing wrist curls with a plate also made a good bit of difference as well, for both my wrist and overall grip.

I was going to buy some HG grippers, or something comparable, but I really did not want to buy more grippers, just to progress with the COC grippers.

Instead, I filed my #1, for warmups, and started out using a choker for a parallel close of the #2 to improve my set. I now have it barely choked and can close the #2 with a bit of crush.

Once I can crush the #2 with no choker at all I'll just file it a bit, instead of buying more grippers.

One key point for me was to finally realize that a nice good break between the warmup on my #1, of around 1-2 hours, was the key to getting nice closes on the #2.

Doing wrist curls with a plate also made a good bit of difference as well, for both my wrist and overall grip.

Another great way to make a gripper harder is to put a small (1/2 inch and some fabric between the clamp and the spring) hose clap around the spring to stop the spring from seperating as it expands, makes a gripper alot harder to close, especially in the first part of the squeze.

Another great way to make a gripper harder is to put a small (1/2 inch and some fabric between the clamp and the spring) hose clap around the spring to stop the spring from seperating as it expands, makes a gripper alot harder to close, especially in the first part of the squeze.

I did that about 2 weeks ago, the #1 with the hose clamp arourd the springs is tough. Once I can do that pretty consistantly I should be able to get the #2.

I did that about 2 weeks ago, the #1 with the hose clamp arourd the springs is tough. Once I can do that pretty consistantly I should be able to get the #2.

Yes but you haven't been able to do it consistantly have you now? If I'm not mistaken I do have that #1 and #2 at my house :D

How have your hands felt tho?

I'm getting my #3 and #4 tomorrow, I can now consistently close my #2 with both hands, so I think I should be able to close #3 before the end of the summer :)

Hey,

I can close the #1 gripper both hands. My friend has a HG200 and it seems just a tad harder than the #1. I can only close the #1 about 2 or 3 times at most and I can close the HG200. I am alittle past parallel on the #2. I plan on getting some hose clamps this weekend and starting those. Looking forward to it.

I'm getting my #3 and #4 tomorrow, I can now consistently close my #2 with both hands, so I think I should be able to close #3 before the end of the summer :)

Wakera

Have you tried a 3 yet. it is nothing like going from a 1 to a 2.

Good Luck, I hope you meat your goal

A pleasure to read a thread where quite a few newer gripsters have contributed and all are definately on the right track towards improvements !!

As usual I'll recommend the BBSA (1.6ish) for guys working towards the #2, especially if they have a ways to go. However, the hoseclamp around the spring of a #1 idea works and just make sure it isn't too tight that it is almost as tough as your #2. I find that the hoseclamp has more of an effect at the close than when starting the sweep. I'd prefer to get a BBSA, but some of us need to save a few bucks or want an immediate solution.

Nice to see you newer gripsters here at GB where there is so much info to share. .. neilkaz ..

Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't tried a #3 yet...definitely looking forward to being amazed by it. I might order it and the BBSM sometime soon. I am no where near closing the #2, but I can start getting a feel for the #3 and BBSM. I was considering buying the BBSA to get from #1 to #2, not sure what I am going to do right now. I started hose clamping the #2...but the hose clamps I bought are too big :cool. Oh well...gotta go back today and pick up some smaller ones. Good times though. Good luck everyone

Wakera

Have you tried a 3 yet. it is nothing like going from a 1 to a 2.

Good Luck, I hope you meat your goal

I got it today ... I understand what you mean ... let's make it the end of 2006 :D

Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't tried a #3 yet...definitely looking forward to being amazed by it. I might order it and the BBSM sometime soon. I am no where near closing the #2, but I can start getting a feel for the #3 and BBSM. I was considering buying the BBSA to get from #1 to #2, not sure what I am going to do right now. I started hose clamping the #2...but the hose clamps I bought are too big :cool. Oh well...gotta go back today and pick up some smaller ones. Good times though. Good luck everyone

If your clamp is to big try putting fleece or some rubber between the clamp and the spring.

I just got my HG set in :tongue I closed the HG100 (Obviously),HG150, and HG200. HG250 was way to hard. Im gonna use the HG200 to help me close my CoC #2, the HG's seem to be pretty good quality. Well keep training everyone :rock

The jump from #1 to #2 can be done without any in between grippers, just start doing strap holds with your #1 and overcrushes for time, you'll close that #2 in no time.

What do you guys think of the RB grippers? Their pretty expensive huh ?

I've seen many people on this board say that the RB240 was more difficult than their #3. I know i'll end up buying some eventually but for now i'll settle with a BB grippers. looking through the old posts they seem to make a better stepping stone.

I've seen many people on this board say that the RB240 was more difficult than their #3. I know i'll end up buying some eventually but for now i'll settle with a BB grippers. looking through the old posts they seem to make a better stepping stone.

Yes..if you want a stepping stone the #3, consider a RB240Narrow. I rate mine about a 2.45 which is in line with others. Definately harder than my #2 and easier than my BBSM.

Every normal spread RB gripper except the RB70 which is made narrow since it will be used by small handed women and kids is harder than it's design poundage (assuming the rating was intended to mirror IM's poundages)

.. neilkaz ..