Pinch Excelleration!

slickrick08

what is the best way to make gains on my pinching, right now i'm training with 2 25 plates, i attempt with one hand sometimes successful sometimes not, and then i do two hand pinch with them. mainly i want to know how to increase my pinch, besides obviously pinch a lot, because i already do that hah

aight guys thanks for the help, you guys always come through with the right answers!

thanks!

Build up a good base of strength with wrist work and the such. When I started doing pinch I did times holds with 3 10s 4 10s then 2 25s and so on. When I got to the piont I could hold them for 1 min. I went up. Now that i have a good base of hand wrist and lower arm strength built up I do singels most of the time when I work pinch. Just a full lift and set it down. I woked block weights in the same way when I started. It worked well for me ,but everyone is different. I hope this helped some.

i use spacers made from rubber mats or cardboard make your 25s wider and pinch them at different widths it makes your pinch stronger at the weight your using then move up more or less what nick said adding plates

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

Something I have been doing (not for advanced pinchers) is to pinch the side of a work bench or hneavy table top and sort of do rowing and endurance holds using body weight.You can lean back and pull or do them one handed.

Pinch them up with both hands, then let go with one and pass back and forth. Go until you drop the weights, rest, and repeat.

Pinch them up with both hands, then let go with one and pass back and forth. Go until you drop the weights, rest, and repeat.

That's what i've been doing, I stop just before I drop them but other than that I do it the same.

I do this to. It works great!

To keep it interesting and challenging try playing horse with your training partners, it keeps the pinch workouts very competitive...This blasted our pinch strength to a new level.......good luck.