Expensive Stuff

Justin Reagan

I just thought about something. Right now I can bend 2 G5's in a row. What happens when I start doing some volume with them? 60d's aren't priced bad, and I'm definitely going to keep bending lots and lots of them. But G5's are around 55 or 60 cents per bolt! Oh well, what else am I going to spend money on? (I can think of a few things, but come on, this is BENDING! :tongue ) Actually, I've found a couple places to order boxes of 100 6" G5's online for $40-$45, but I'm not sure what shipping will do to that price (probably be better off buying them here in town after shipping costs are added....). Anybody know of anywhere less expensive (online, that is)?

Then come G8's, which are not available longer than 4" anywhere around here. Online, $30 plus shipping for 50. I can't wait until I work up to 5/16" steel. Much cheaper. I just have to get past the bolts....

Justin Reagan

Yeah, I priced them out wholesale from work and G5'a and 8's are still spendy. Don't know what I'm going to do either but I am considering just trying pre-kinked 5/16" stock until I can do it.

You'll be bending 5/16 hrs before G8's, so you don't have to buy them at all if you don't want.

The cheapest way to get a G5's is to get your local harware store to order a box of 100, and buy the whole thing from them. If you buy them yourself you'll get raped on the shipping.

I bought 100 of each, G5 and G8. Worth it, in my eyes. Once you get rolling on volume 100 bolts just fly by.

Yes if you get some buy them in bulk. Don't get them one at a time at the hardware. To much $. Find a place that deals with bolts of fasteners. Normaly if you go to those places if you get 100 or more they will give you a price brake. I got 100 g2 to mess with from a place here in Columbus called Columbus Fasteners Corp. I got them for a litle under 20 bucks. less then .20 cents A bolt.