The #4

Rick Walker

I got home from my last final :D to find a box on my porch from UPS.

I knew right away what it was so I tore into the box and there it sat-glearing up at me like every bad dream I have ever had-the #4 COC.

I quickly cut it out of it's form fitting package and looked on the handles-DOUBLE STAMPED, AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH :0  :0  :0 !

I dropped the gripper and ran up stairs, shut my bedroom door and locked it.

After about an hour I snuck back down and peered into the kitchen.  The gripper was laying on the table, the light gleaming off it like a sharp knife.

I mustered up all my courage, charged it-picked that SOB up and.....

Closed it about an inch :D  :D  :D !

Man, this is one tough a$$ gripper!  Not even human-more like a gripper a cyborg would strugle with.  i dont know if I could close it ina vice even :p !

The good point?  It feels about as hard as the #3 did back in January when I was a green horn.  I could barely budge the #3 and now I am close to closing it.

The scary part?  I cant even shut this #4 on my leg yet :blush !

Rick Walker :hehe

I hear ya Rick. My current challange is the #3. I set it up so when ever I enter my home gym I see it sitting there glaring at me.

I often talk smack to it about how I will close it someday. It just doesn't know it yet. Well for whatever reason yesterday I decided to make the handles touch, any way I could. I had to prop it up on the floor and step on it to close it!

(I am nursing a pec tear so couldn't use the 2 handed method to close it. Believe me I tried, but my pec quickly informed me that it wasn't going to happen)

Feeling first hand how difficult it is just makes the challange that much more fun.

Victory will be so sweet!  :)

Nate-my long term ultimate goal is to close it before I am 28.  I will be 25 in October so that leaves me a little over 3 years.  I figure if Kinney can do it in 2-I can do it in 3+.

Adam-good luck with the #3-I honestly feel I am about 2 months away from mashing it.  When I train this a.m., I am going to close that #4 on my leg if it takes all I have!!!!  I just want the #### handles to touch :crazy !

Scratch that-I just finished my a.m. grip workout and I managed 3 full closes with each hand using my leg.

THe result-I can already see 2 nice dark bruises coming in on my thighs :crazy !  And my triceps and delts were jumping around like crazy as I forced it shut.  As soon as I released it from my leg it flew open over an inch!!

This thing is dangerous!

Rick,

That must be an easy #4.  Mine is like crazy impossible!!   :crazy

Well, it certainly was not closed by any grip pressure!

I used my weight and what ever else I could muster to get er' shut-

I dont know about it being an easy 4-without my leg I move it maybe an inch :blush

Does anyone here use their free hand to cheat a gripper closed?  I never use the close against the leg, but I can close a BBE using the two handed technique.

I use my free hand since Heath reccomended it to me. It is a lot tougher but I can close the #4 with this technique. I close the #4 very easily on my leg too.