Splitting Apples In Halves

Tomas Johansson

Can anyone tell me the technique for splitting an apple into halves with just the hands? I'm not talking about crushing, just splitting.

Can anyone tell me the technique for splitting an apple into halves with just the hands? I'm not talking about crushing, just splitting.

sure - all ya do is get all your finger tips inline on the apple, directly above your palm, an crush them into it, while pushing up with the thumb

I have been doing this for years. People always get a kick out of seeing it. I'll try to explain how to do it. With the apple facing stem up. Grab the apple w/ both hands so your fingertips are on the bottom of the apple. On the top side you want one of your thumbs to lay straight over half the apple. The other thumb you press into the hole where the stem is. Once hand placement is correct squeeze the apple and pry outward at the top while keeping the bottom fingers together. Done right the apple will pop in half cleanly. I wish I could show W/ photos. Good luck.

When done right, it's easy. I had a 110# woman show me how to do it. If you can believe it!

Is that video of you viper?

Nice work if it is!

Totally mushed it.

yeh thats me alright - i love exploding apples but theres always apple chunks somehow covering the entire room

takes half a second to do it, an half an hour to clean it up!

Nice demonstration of how to crush an apple.

Use a firm apple.It will snap and make a pleasent popping sound.

I put both thumbs in the top part and grab the apple with my fingers at the bottom.

Use your thumbs as levers pulling out wards.Also to make it easier you can brace it on your leg while splitting it.It's a fun thing to do when you want to share an apple with someone and don't have a knife handy.

Nice Video Left Side.

Theres much difference between red and green apples? i tryed to split a green apple and wasnt able to split it, so i want to know if the green apple is way harder or if im weak as hell :erm

Nice Video Left Side.

Theres much difference between red and green apples? i tryed to split a green apple and wasnt able to split it, so i want to know if the green apple is way harder or if im weak as hell :erm

thank you for letting me know this, ill do some training with green ones, see what i can do

i dont think there ever has been before, but for some wonderful reason, one was in the fruit bowl (fate lol)

i still managed to explode it without the finger tips, but it didnt go instantly at all, took a good 15-20 seconds before it went - i know im on form today as i got my new hg300 for 11 reps so it is harder