Ggc 2006 Events And Scoring

Hubgeezer

The events and scoring methodology for the GGC 2006 are set, and I wanted to make a few comments. As I am a CPA, and like Dale Harder, am "into numbers", and can sometimes obssess on them...

I like it. It is simple, clean, and probably will greatly help the organizers run a tight meet. If a large number of contestants enter, they will be able to handle things logistically. Some of the events are new (blob medley), some are traditional, and some won't make everyone happy (IM set rules on grippers). Good.

When I say simple and clean, I mean:

10 grippers, 10 points

10 V-Bar weights, 10 points

10 2 Hand Pinch weights, 10 points

5 Blobs, times 2 directions, equals 10 points

The Final Exam, never before done (RT reps for time) is graded on the curve

The Small Hands category RT weight was lowered 10 pounds from GGC 2005, which was a good idea. Personally, I think the RT weights for both are good choices. Allowing the competitor to alternate hands during the 60 second bout is like a boxer being able to use both his hands during a round. It shouldn't be any other way. Having it last is perfect, as no one will be worth spit when that is over.

Whoever came up with the ideas for the events and scoring should be commended. And even though my hand size probably barely puts me in the Large Hands category and I would get my clock cleaned, I hope I will be able to work it so that I can attend and participate.

Great Job! :bow

M A Hubgeezer

Sounds pretty simple put that way - I can make it even more simple.

Grippers - attempt #1 - if the handles touch - go up one - if they don't , go down one - total 2 grippers

V-Bar - 4 attempts - 4 weights - just hope they come up

2 Hand Pinch - 4 weights - just hope they come up

5 Blobs - by the top and by the face - let's just say I'm not worried about any double digit score here < <

Rolling thunder - one weight - one minute - two guys - doesn't get much more simple than that.

See Mike - no need for those big double digit numbers like 10 :inno

We know how rough it is competing in an 8-hour contest. We wanted to trim it down. Hopefully these approaches will do that.

Thanks guys.

-Jedd-