Strange Pain (ive Searched But Found Nothing)

DCTama

If recently developed a strange pain in my right hand, at the start or my crush the palm of my hand feels very tender but during the squeeze its fine, the area where it hurts is around my thumb pad area, i was just wondering this is a normal pain for grippers or wether its an injury, i have been doing hot and cold baths, the pain does ease a little but then it comes back a short while later.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Small bruise maybe? Is it a steady pain, as in you could hold the gripper in that position and it will hurt, or does it kind of feel like a shot thta happens when you put it there?

if i hold it there the pain is constant, no bruises either, i have done some hot and cold baths and some extensor work, but not much, so is this the reason or is it just that my hands are not used gripping? ive only been doing it for around a month and a half.

EDIT: im only 15, but very eager to get big strong hands, i can close the trainer easy (as far as i have got for now) but is it hurting because im still developing?

Edited by DCTama

There may be a bruise that you cannot see. When I first started working with the grippers I had a similar pain, it went away after a couple weeks.

Yes. If you are working with the trainer, I doubt there is any serious long term damage. Conitinue the contrast baths and extensor work. They are an essential habit at higher levels.

take a rest!

Give it a solid week or 2 without gripper work and try again. Wait a couple more days than you think you need to.

If you're just starting out try and limit your workouts to 2-3 times a week at most, and never 2 days in a row.

I have no problem working out every 2nd day but if I do two HEAVY days in a row i'm out for a week or more. (last time it took 2 weeks to recover)

If your like me and find it hard not to "play" with your grippers buy a copuple of store bought ones, I use them all the time between my COC gripper workouts. Keeps the blood flowing .

Edited by Shawn