Weightlifter's Warehouse

youngun

I can't believe Weightlifter's Warehouse can get away with their grip equipment looking exactly like Ironminds.  However, some of them are cheaper.  I was just wondering if anyone has bought anything from them and if the quality was the same as Ironmind.  

It's NOT exactly like IronMind's.  Let me put it this way.

You have a choice between cars.  They mirror each other in lots of ways, but there are distinct differences between the two.

That's the way it is with the grippers from IronMind, and the grippers that Weightlifter's Warehouse offers.  The grippers that WW offers are more like the grippers that IM used to offer.  If you're not picky, go with IronMind.  If you have a budget and want some variety, get some grippers from WW.  I have both and they serve different purposes.  Also, you might want to consider Warren Tetting.  He used to build the grippers for IM, and now he does CUSTOM grippers.  I have two grippers I asked him to build especially for me, and they are probably my favorites right now.

Of course, Sybersnott Industries could also come out with grippers!  We shall see about that....  :p

Snott, I thought you knew who made the WW grippers....it starts with a captial T. ;)

Wanna.... you're right, but I was talking about going straight to the horses mouth (Tetting) for a custom-made gripper.

And this brings up a good question:  who makes the grippers for IronMind now?  I know it isn't Tetting.

can I please get Tetting  ADDRESS. price is not really an issue if I could get the gripper I really can benefit from thanks

Guest 115-1005574997

Ive got an IM gripper circa 1995 (7 years old) and another about 1996.  Now im happy with both and they are very good quality, but both seem a lot more powerful than more modern equivalents.

Have the IM grippers changed much in design and rough IP poundgae in that time?

From what I've heard, WW's grippers are very narrow now.  The BBM and BBE used to be very wide, now the BBM's are supposedly like and PDA's in width........

I will ONLY give out Warren's address; you can write to him, and ask him for his phone number.  I don't want the man being flooded by lots of calls!  Here's his address:

Warren Tetting

1063 West 7th Street

Saint Paul, MN   55102

Ask him what type of gripper you want and BE SPECIFIC.  He'll tell you what to do, and what he charges plus shipping.

I think everyone should get at least ONE of his CUSTOM grippers!  They are that good!  :)

Oh yeah, I forgot he lived here...

See?  All the more reason for everyone to compete in the US Grip Champs!!!  Have a great contest, then drive next door and pick up your specially ordered gripper and not have to pay shipping.  

What more do you need guys and gals?  :)

BC.

Syber,

what exactly makes Warren Tetting's grippers different/better than PDA's?

Probably nothing.  The only thing is, if you want one with a 15cm handle spread you can get it.  Same spring, handle, pin, etc...............

I called and talked to him, I think he said it was going to be about 30 bucks not counting shipping. I'll keep my IM's.......

Lots of complaints about handle spread on the grippers, whichever gripper you seem to get.

This is where you can turn to Tetting.  Handle spead not a problem now.  And I got two grippers for $42 total (this was sometime last year, so it may have changed).