Strap Hold Weight?

clemdiesel

Just wondering what weight some others use on their strap holds, I have a filed #2 that I use with a very thin strap. I am near the end of advanced KTA and am using strap holds as called. This is of course is with the gripper straight up spring up no cheating or BSing. ? what weight have some used?

well i use a normal 2 for 12 seconds with 10 pounds.....never tried filed...how easily can you rep your filed 2?

Greg

.....never tried filed...how easily can you rep your filed 2?

Greg

Filed makes a huge difference in strap holds not only do you have to go beyond the range but hold the strap as well. I dont do reps at all only singles since my goal is to crush bigger grippers. Since I quit reps my strength has gone out the roof. I could get 8 before I started KTA or filed it not sure now how many.

if i do them at the very beginning of my workout i can do 20 lbs on the BBSM. I use a weightlifting strap and i also do a mash monster set on it. i figure since strapholds are intended to strengthen the close that you might as well use a MM set.

I wonder what the greatest amount of weight has ever been pulled on a #2 or a #3?? :)

I wonder what the greatest amount of weight has ever been pulled on a #2 or a #3?? :)

i've seen a video on cyberpump's website where heath sexton does a straphold on a #3 with what looks like 35 lbs. if anyone's interested in seeing it, it's on this website http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/albun00?page=1 and it's the movie on the bottom right, the 12 megabyte one.

Mine will probably be in the midrange area so I'll list it for the sake of having more numbers for comparison. After doing the 43 pound straphold with the #1 for the GBGBX contest I rested a while and did a 20 pound straphold with my Cert #3 and a metal ruler. Picked up the weight to the level of what I used for the GBGBX.

I think 50 would be possible with an easy #3 and Clay, Shane, Dave, Heath, Josh, Big Steve, or some comparable freak on the handles. :cool

Once you can do about 15 pounds it's time to move up to a bigger gripper.

I've heard this approximate number before. I wonder who first stated it. I don't remember.

Since I've never trained with strapholds, but tried them maybe 3 times counting the contest, I don't really know if they would help me or just allow me to get stronger with THAT gripper that I'm using for the strapholds. I do understand the theory behind them, just really question whether or not they've helped most who have used them.

I found that using more than 15-20 pounds on a straphold for more than a workout or two can wreck havoc with your wrists. Heath mentioned the same thing to me when I asked him about strapholds a couple years ago.

Heath's 35 is the heaviest I've heard of on a #3. I think one of the Straub's claimed over 60 pounds on a straphold...I forget what gripper they were using.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=6589&hl=

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?s=&show...indpost&p=96838

The archives here hold some treasures.....

Edited by Sean Dockery

I found that using more than 15-20 pounds on a straphold for more than a workout or two can wreck havoc with your wrists. Heath mentioned the same thing to me when I asked him about strapholds a couple years ago.

Heath's 35 is the heaviest I've heard of on a #3. I think one of the Straub's claimed over 60 pounds on a straphold...I forget what gripper they were using.

Thanks Doc. :cool That's some good info.

Kills the wrists :blink I can see it more killing ones shoulders, since usually the weight is somewhat away from the body and its a lot of delt to hold it up too. :ohmy