Crs Vs. Hrs

GetAGrip87

I went to Lowe's and bought some rods and cut them into the specific sizes of the IM nails but they only had CRS. So I take it that all my nails are quite a bit harder than the IM nails except for the IM Red which is suppose to be CRS. I can kink the Yellow but nothing more. So I was wondering if I would be able to actually bend an IM Yellow nail. :help

I was under the impression the IM nails were cold rolled steel but i could be confused.

I don't get the question. You said you can only kink a Yellow, so apparently you can't bend it, yet. I thought all IM nails were crs, though. I bought some 1/4" round hrs from Home Depot when I was starting out and bent an 9" piece, then 8 1/2", etc. When I could bend a 6" piece, I could bend a grade 2 bolt and an IM yellow.

Nice signature quotes. Do you know who said them?

I read somewhere that the White, Green, Yellow, and Blue were Hrs and the Red was CRS. Maybe i'm wrong. :trout As for my signature, I said the first one about training harder to be the best and i really don't know who said the second one but it stuck with me since I heard it.

Edited by GetAGrip87

they are all cold rolled. I think there is some text soewhere out there that says the other way cause you're not the first person to so that you thought they were HRS. You go the right stuff. I have limited experience with HRS but it seems to be pretty decent too, just feels funny to bend because it doesnt kink like CRS it bows into a thibk bottomed U shape.

There is some confusion in the following quote:

I can kink the Yellow but nothing more. So I was wondering if I would be able to actually bend an IM Yellow nail.

Were you asking if you would be able to bend the white? To answer what you actually wrote I would say that you will be able to bend the yellow eventually.

Best of luck.

At the time i thought the white, green, yellow, and blue were HRS :whacked . So I thought if i could kink a CRS yellow nail that I might be able to bend a HRS yellow nail. That was my question.

''He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man''

this quote is said in the beginning of a song called ''bat country''. the band is ''avenged sevenfold'', the album is ''city of evil''. good album! i don't know if they wrote it or what but it says in the book the song is in memory of Hunter and Thompson, don't know who they are.

''He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man''

this quote is said in the beginning of a song called ''bat country''. the band is ''avenged sevenfold'', the album is ''city of evil''. good album! i don't know if they wrote it or what but it says in the book the song is in memory of Hunter and Thompson, don't know who they are.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Samuel_Johnson

Originally attributed to Samuel Johnson, an English literary critic, the quote shows up in some of Hunter S. Thompson's books.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

* Quoted in "Anecdotes of the Revd. Percival Stockdale" (1809) in Johnsonian Miscellanies (1897), vol. II, page 333, edited by George Birkbeck Hill

* Also mentioned in the Avenged Sevenfold song "Bat Country" and in the film "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", as well as various books by Hunter S. Thompson, such as Hells Angels and the beginning of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"