Blob / Block Weights

viper

Ive pretty much figured out what i need to be doing now, but im just a little confused about blob weights, are they the same as block weights?

I dont understand why a 50lb lift is hard, its very little weight compared to a lot of other feats - i got my hands on a square block of iron in college yesterday, it had a handle on 1 side but nothing on the other, so i flipped it over (same as a block weight then, yeh?) - i could lift it up with either hand when my forearms were sore/weak - it definately weighed more than 50lbs, i would say closer to 100lbs than 50

Ive never really done much pinch work so im lost here, i must have things wrong...???

viper

Blob is a 50 lbs end of York 100 lbs dumbbell. So called blockweight of all blockweights, I might say.

Shape of those particular weights is what makes them harder than others.

Blob is a 50 lbs end of York 100 lbs dumbbell. So called blockweight of all blockweights, I might say.

the shape, i see - do you just buy the db an take the ends off?

Yes. I have a 30 lber that I cant lift yet because it is so wide, and because I have a girly grip.

Edited by PowerHouse

Yes. I have a 30 lber that I cant lift yet because it is so wide, and because I have a girly grip.

exactly how wide are these things??

From the FAQ section:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=4425

From the FAQ section:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=4425

thank you very much

Ive pretty much figured out what i need to be doing now, but im just a little confused about blob weights, are they the same as block weights?

I dont understand why a 50lb lift is hard, its very little weight compared to a lot of other feats - i got my hands on a square block of iron in college yesterday, it had a handle on 1 side but nothing on the other, so i flipped it over (same as a block weight then, yeh?) - i could lift it up with either hand when my forearms were sore/weak - it definately weighed more than 50lbs, i would say closer to 100lbs than 50

Ive never really done much pinch work so im lost here, i must have things wrong...???

viper

You dont understand why its hard? Get a 50lb blob or hex head and then TRY to pick it up, then youll understand.

viper

You dont understand why its hard? Get a 50lb blob or hex head and then TRY to pick it up, then youll understand.

I agree, especially if you have small hands.

i will but it may take a while (poor college student, blah blah blah)

i do think i could possibly do this now, not because of strength, but because i can get 10 inches from the tip of my middle finger, to the end of my thumb

Ok I bet you 100 dollars that you couldnt do it if a blob or 50lb hex head and a bag of chalk was sitting in front of you right now.You have obviously never seen or touched a blockweight since you started this thread, so thats pretty wishfull thinking. Seriously get one and you will see.

I will take the $100 dollar if he couldn't do it :D

lol since im british you could have the 100 dollars :rolleyes

i dont know what i could do with chalk, ive never used any / ill get a blob sooner or later an find out