1 Finger Lifting

viper

had an idea today - im pretty sure with a little training i could do a 1 finger chin up (1 finger of each hand) with 300lbs of weight (would be bodyweight plus 70lbs at the moment) - i have previously done 10 reps with a few more rleft in me at a body weight of 200lbs

i tested myself at 230lbs today an didnt have much trouble for reps either - would still be a great feat or if not how much weight would?

viper

Today I managed a two finger hang, using the index and middle fingers of my right hand, on my bar, but my is of less diameter than the average bar. It's harder on thicker bars, as you are more apt to be out toward your finger tips.

Edited by unseenbeat

had an idea today - im pretty sure with a little training i could do a 1 finger chin up (1 finger of each hand) with 300lbs of weight (would be bodyweight plus 70lbs at the moment) - i have previously done 10 reps with a few more rleft in me at a body weight of 200lbs

i tested myself at 230lbs today an didnt have much trouble for reps either - would still be a great feat or if not how much weight would?

viper

I've done one finger pullups at ~200 bw, and they are not that hard to me.

Now this is world class-

http://dieselcrew.com/Videos.html

Use Cntrl+F to find "Brad - Putting the hurt on...Don't try this at home!"

:dry

I don't know how much would be great, because not many people practice the feat.

Jeff Flynn (AP) and I tried them for the first time at Don Larkin's gym. I weighed about 230, and he added weight to reach the same. It wasn't very hard, you just have to get over the "holy shit my finger is gonna rip off" feeling.

humm, may not be hard to do them at bw but i think 300lbs is worth going for - maybe that would kinda set a standard for anybody that does want to do this feat?

mine have been done on a none grip bar (just painted over, no grips) with no chalk, using my middle fingers

humm, may not be hard to do them at bw but i think 300lbs is worth going for - maybe that would kinda set a standard for anybody that does want to do this feat?

mine have been done on a none grip bar (just painted over, no grips) with no chalk, using my middle fingers

Oh, see, I thought you were talking about one hand, one finger. :whacked

david horne used to do 400+ pound deads with the middle finger of each hand. this is probably a better way to make finger strength the limiting factor. Sandow was said to be able to do pullups with any of his eight fingers, or the thumbs. I have heard about a few others doing this, although they probably didn't weigh as much as he did.

Edited by skinbones

Middle finger of each hand-, not a one handed pullup with 1 finger

Middle finger of each hand-, not a one handed pullup with 1 finger

i was very close to getting a 1 finger wrist hold chin up at 200bw before i stoped training these - i managed to get 2 reps with a 2 finger wrist hold

a 1 finger, 1 arm pull up would be near to impossible for me now, im 231lbs - ton of respect to anybody that has/can do that though

A few ppl on this board have done one, foggymountainmuscle comes to mind, but I'm not sure. I can do middle finger pullups pretty easily, but like I said I have a thin bar, and I also only weigh 160. If I ever get a set of Eagle Loops, I'ma train for pullups with individual fingers, as I think that would be very functional strength for climbing.

A few ppl on this board have done one, foggymountainmuscle comes to mind, but I'm not sure. I can do middle finger pullups pretty easily, but like I said I have a thin bar, and I also only weigh 160. If I ever get a set of Eagle Loops, I'ma train for pullups with individual fingers, as I think that would be very functional strength for climbing.

i think your right

anyone got a video link to a 1 arm/1 finger pull up?

i think your right

I think there was a video at rockclimbing.com forums of a guy doing a one armed pullups (no helping hand) on every finger including the pinky on a ring, it was an older vid of a guy at Yosemite I believe?

i think your right

I think there was a video at rockclimbing.com forums of a guy doing a one armed pullups (no helping hand) on every finger including the pinky on a ring, it was an older vid of a guy at Yosemite I believe?

cheers wes, your the man

ive managed to get a pic so far / am waiting on more response

A few ppl on this board have done one, foggymountainmuscle comes to mind, but I'm not sure.

I've done a 1 arm dead hang on one finger, but am not able to do a chin up. Tim is right, Foggy has done this, and there is a video of him doing it right in his gallery.

Edited by Left Side

A few ppl on this board have done one, foggymountainmuscle comes to mind, but I'm not sure.

I've done a 1 arm dead hang on one finger, but am not able to do a chin up. Tim is right, Foggy has done this, and there is a video of him doing it right in his gallery.

took me ages to find it, and when i did, it didnt work lol

got a nice pic of a rafter pull up though - wish i had some rafters