Congradulations to Heath Sexton

Guest Jeff Roark

Guest Jeff Roark

I think the grip board ought to give Heath a big hand on graduating college this past Saturday. He is apparently strong and smart, a dangerous combo! Good job my freind and I look foward to coming down to Oneida! Once again congrads and good luck with your future travels.

What about me ? I got my bachelor degree two weeks ago. I'm now an elementary school teacher. Talk about the perfect job. Two months off at summertime and 5 hours a day.

Congrats to both of you guys!!  

Nice way to start a career, huh? With a nice summer vacation to think about things, train grip etc.

Thanks Jeff!  I'm really looking forward to you coming down too.  Hopefully I won't be too weak.

Tou, that's what my degree is.  I'm certifed grades 1-8 all subjects, I guess great minds think alike. LOL

Thanks again.

Here in Québec, Canada, I can teach to children from 4 to 12 years old. It's kindergarten to grade 6. I'm currently a substitute but I'll have contracts next autumn.

Heath,and Tou,congrats and kudos to you both!! May you have long and prosperous carreers!

To The Future,

JJ

I think I would rather have 4th, 5th, or 6th grades.  7th and 8th graders I would probably kill due to attitude problems, 1st graders whin A LOT, and kindergartners pee on themselves too much......

I am destined for 4th, 5th and 6th grade too. It's a women's world and men are always assigned to higher levels because they can deal more with juvenile attitudes. Last year in my class (a 6th grade), a 11 year old kid was arrested by two cops in the class. They opened his desk and found a LOT of marijuana. He was a dealer inside the school. That's how bad things got in the last ten years.

Congratulations guys!  perhaps you can inspire some grip legends of the future :)

Congrats to both of you!  And best luck to dealing with those kids.  I have enough fun simply dealing with my own kids!

congrats guys.  maybe one of these day's i'll do the same and get off the other side of this mountain

Congrats, men! My 6th grade teacher had a chin-up bar :) and after quizes and tests, he'd let us do pull-ups :D while the rest of the class was still taking the exams - maybe you'd like to institute something similar? Just a thought...

Train smart!

This afternoon, it was raining and we couldn't go outside for break. So we stayed inside and the boys all got around and started an armwrestling tournament. The winner was going against me  ;) . The school I was in is in the land so some of the kids are stronger than the average 12 years old. I teached them some tips and they had fun doing it. Then, one of the kids mentionned his father can tear half a deck of cards. He argued that I couln't do it despite my forearms' size. I took a whole deck and teared it completely. The kid took the deck to show his father waht he just saw.  :p

That chin up bar is a good idea.

Guest mikebyoung

Congrats, Heath and Tou!!!!

Bet now that the kids saw you tear into that deck,Tou, they will think twice about acting up!

Just like John Brookfield says in MOHS, "I perform feats of strength to get the inmates attention and respect"  (or words to that effect).

I wouldn't be a teacher.  My Mom is a retired schoolteacher, and I've heard too many horror stories.  Anyhow, congrats to you Heath!!  Keep those kiddies in line!!  :)

Congrads!!  I will have my "paper" in August!  10 credits this summer and I am done-

My parents were both teachers.  My dad taught math and science and was a guidance counciler the last 10 years of his career and my mom taught special education K-6.  She had a heck of a time-kids in 6th grade with a 2-year old I.Q. :(

Anyway-they both told me to stay away from teaching.  My dad got into it when he could still bring the law to the kids!  Today-if you breath on them you are in court.

I remember some of my old highschool teachers that taught with my dad telling me stories of him throwing stools at kids and getting into a fist-to-cuffs right in the hallway!  Thats my old man.  He is still a scrapper at 66.

Anyway-good luck to you guys.  If the kids respect and or fear you, you will have no problems!

Rick Walker :hehe