Tried My Hand At Breaking A Yellow

Slider454

Ive tried whites and their 2 easy...never tried a yellow...seeing as I have a crap load of em laying here and there and everywhere that are already bent and doing me no good I decided to try em....8 mins later It broke...thats hard stuff...after I do all my yellows then I will try a blue! Thats fun stuff!!!

Yes, breaking nails give you a nice upper body workout.

Good job on the Yellow.

nice job

Ive tried whites and their 2 easy...never tried a yellow...seeing as I have a crap load of em laying here and there and everywhere that are already bent and doing me no good I decided to try em....8 mins later It broke...thats hard stuff...after I do all my yellows then I will try a blue! Thats fun stuff!!!

There's something to do with all those bent nails!

Good work buddy!

How do you go about breaking bent nails? you just unbend and bend again untill it breaks?

Congrats TROY my boy on your total domination of the bars and I can surely back you up with this being a heck of an upper body workout.

THIS WAS A POST OF MINE A WHILE BACK REGARDING BREAKING SHORT STEEL--With the Challenge Bar revival by David Horne I wanted to see just what I could do. I chose the 60d nail for my victim but he fought like hell not wanting to bend to my will. I don't know who got hotter in the fight but in the end I was sweaty and I looked down to find my middle finger blistered and then torn but by God he was broke never to be hammered again. I will say this there is some technique involved which apparently I did not have a clue of at the beginning of this bout, but as my strength was dwindling my technique became more thought out and deliberate. It was a great upper body workout and I will definitely try this again for time. I know it had to be over 5 minutes because it felt like much longer as that blister started stinging like a bee.

END RESULT

GATOR - 1 NAIL – O

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2540

If you berserkering benders have not given this a try then you are really missing out on some as Brooks Kubik would say “Dinosaur Training”.

Edited by GatorGrip

How do you go about breaking bent nails? you just unbend and bend again untill it breaks?

Yea basically just what you said.... I did it with iron mind pads and they are really slick on trying to open the nail up...so if you used leater (something that would grip the nail better) it would be a bit easier to grasp...but you wont be able to pull it apart very far but pull as far as you can then crush it back down and repeat this process as fast as you can...and everytime you do it try to pull it apart even farther than the previous attempt....and do not stop as the nail will heat up and become a bit easier but try and pull it open further each attempt and crush it closer each attempt and it will fall

Congrats TROY my boy on your total domination of the bars and I can surely back you up with this being a heck of an upper body workout.

THIS WAS A POST OF MINE A WHILE BACK REGARDING BREAKING SHORT STEEL--With the Challenge Bar revival by David Horne I wanted to see just what I could do. I chose the 60d nail for my victim but he fought like hell not wanting to bend to my will. I don't know who got hotter in the fight but in the end I was sweaty and I looked down to find my middle finger blistered and then torn but by God he was broke never to be hammered again. I will say this there is some technique involved which apparently I did not have a clue of at the beginning of this bout, but as my strength was dwindling my technique became more thought out and deliberate. It was a great upper body workout and I will definitely try this again for time. I know it had to be over 5 minutes because it felt like much longer as that blister started stinging like a bee.

END RESULT

GATOR - 1 NAIL – O

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2540

If you berserkering benders have not given this a try then you are really missing out on some as Brooks Kubik would say “Dinosaur Training”.

Dang man...just viewed the pic...that isnt just a 60d I can tell thats what is called a bright common and they are tougher than the ironmind blue nail....I can bend em like butter but breaking is totally different...I couldnt imagine breaking on of these man thats awesome.....its been 2 days since i broke the yellow and my shoulders are still sore...I havent had a workout like that in some time...I am going to do another tomorrow maybe even 2 depends on how I feel...but my delts...my trys and my hands and forearms were killed after the yellow so Ima keep doing it untill no yellow nail is left unbroke.....think Strossen will refund my $$$ lol..........I actually tried that with a 5 pound box of 60d bright commons here at our local hardware store...I bent em all in half..put them back in the box and jokingly told the lady that these nails were useless to me :cool She didnt buy it but I tried :yikes

Yea basically just what you said.... I did it with iron mind pads and they are really slick on trying to open the nail up...so if you used leater (something that would grip the nail better) it would be a bit easier to grasp...but you wont be able to pull it apart very far but pull as far as you can then crush it back down and repeat this process as fast as you can...and everytime you do it try to pull it apart even farther than the previous attempt....and do not stop as the nail will heat up and become a bit easier but try and pull it open further each attempt and crush it closer each attempt and it will fall

Thx for the info. And congrats on breaking the yellow! :)

Great job Troy!!! I guess I should try nice breaking. I haven't done that yet.

Great job Troy!!! I guess I should try nice breaking. I haven't done that yet.

Yea I had heard of ppl doing it but never tried it...then I looked at the box of bent nails I have just sitting there and said what the heck...im not getting any use out of them now so I decided to start breaking em.

Jumped on 2 yellows today...not at the same time but one right after the other...man what a workout your forearms really take a beating...I may see if I can get one more when I get home from work (working with family is great lol) but I am already getting better at it...I am pulling the nail farther apart than I was the other day and my hands didnt get beat up as bad either!!! I have got the fever for breaking baby!!! Damn nails arent laughing anymore are they...are they huh oh