Bands For Deloads

MARKR

Does anyone use bands on this forum for deloads for say the pushpress, power clean or squat? If so what strength bands do you use? I have the Ironwoody bands upto extra large .Im not sure if the extra large bands would add to much assistance

Thanks

I use them for blob training.

Hook the band up to a pin in a power rack set the blob in it then let it stretch to the floor.

Perhaps you PP or Clean truly monstrous weights (I think I read you squatted ~900??? :blink ) but if the extra large bands are as big as the JumpStretch #6's I have, they really might be too much for deloading. The only thing I've used them for so far are Deadlifts, and even then they might be too much. I had 225 handing 3 feet off the floor in a rack, and I could lift one side of 315 with a single finger (without effort is what I mean), so #6's seem to deload at least 275 lbs or so. I can't see too many people needing to deload 275 lbs. off their Push Press or Clean! Maybe, though.

I have the #5's too (and 4, 3, & 2). The 5's are "supposed" to be just 50 lbs less resistance than the 6's but I think their almost half as strong, about 150 lbs. The 4's seem to be about 120 lbs, 3's about 80, 2's about 50 --- This is what they're all rated at, except the 6's. So perhaps your bands are more like JumpStretch 5's or 4's, not 6's. Hang a barbell with weight in a rack until the weight reaches the floor and you'll know for sure.

BTW so far I just use the 2's (50 lbs max resistance) for power snatches, as far as exercises you listed go. I use 3's for D.E. squats. 4's for D.E. Bench and D.E. Deadlift (because the bar doesn't stretch the bands as far). I also use 3's for Good Mornings, because I found the barbell rolls up & down my traps but the bands hold the bar in place, and it adds an awesome extra workload to a Good AM! I've thought about adding more bands on other things like Push Press & Overhead Squat. BTW these are all added resistance, NOT deloading. The only things I've used deloading for so far are Deadlift & rack bench press

Edited by TelegraphKey

Perhaps you PP or Clean truly monstrous weights (I think I read you squatted ~900??? :blink ) but if the extra large bands are as big as the JumpStretch #6's I have, they really might be too much for deloading. The only thing I've used them for so far are Deadlifts, and even then they might be too much. I had 225 handing 3 feet off the floor in a rack, and I could lift one side of 315 with a single finger (without effort is what I mean), so #6's seem to deload at least 275 lbs or so. I can't see too many people needing to deload 275 lbs. off their Push Press or Clean! Maybe, though.

I have the #5's too (and 4, 3, & 2). The 5's are "supposed" to be just 50 lbs less resistance than the 6's but I think their almost half as strong, about 150 lbs. The 4's seem to be about 120 lbs, 3's about 80, 2's about 50 --- This is what they're all rated at, except the 6's. So perhaps your bands are more like JumpStretch 5's or 4's, not 6's. Hang a barbell with weight in a rack until the weight reaches the floor and you'll know for sure.

BTW so far I just use the 2's (50 lbs max resistance) for power snatches, as far as exercises you listed go. I use 3's for D.E. squats. 4's for D.E. Bench and D.E. Deadlift (because the bar doesn't stretch the bands as far). I also use 3's for Good Mornings, because I found the barbell rolls up & down my traps but the bands hold the bar in place, and it adds an awesome extra workload to a Good AM! I've thought about adding more bands on other things like Push Press & Overhead Squat. BTW these are all added resistance, NOT deloading. The only things I've used deloading for so far are Deadlift & rack bench press

Many thanks for the information thats great.The IW XLarge bands are listed as 200lb per band similar rating to the monster Jumpstretch, as you said I wont need that much resistance.Looks like the large will be fine, for squats/deads and smaller bands for pressing

BTW the 900lb was only a quarter squat. Hoping to beat that soon .

Regards Mark