Sa's

JoeGrip

to all those that have or have tried SA's do they lean more towords the #2 or the #1? Ive been doing alot of high rep stuff and am debateing on buying one.

I just got an SA, going under the assumption given in the "Grip FAQ" thread about "Which gripper should I get" that says an SA is about a 1.7.

However, my impression is that it's not much harder than a 1. In fact I filed down my 1, and it feels like there's no difference at all, and in fact sometimes the filed 1 feels harder than the SA.

Scott Styles wrote that he ranks his SA as a 1.3, and his Master as a 1.8. I'm starting to think this isn't just an aberration, that the list of CoC vs. BB grippers in the "Which Gripper Should I Get" thread might need to be revised.

sounds like a classic case of grippers vary :rolleyes

but seriously, in my expierience BB's are easier than COC's in general. a GM is same as a #3 but #3's feel like rocks at the sweep compared to GM's. in the faq about the gripper poundages i think it says a SM is at 265lb.? well that puts it way closer to a 3 than a 2 and i have felt enough SM's and #2's to know that an SM is closer to a #2 than a 3. in my opinion this is because the BB's have a really smooth sweep with a harder close where as the COC's are more solid all the way.

sounds like a classic case of grippers vary :rolleyes

Gee, I hadn't thought that "grippers vary!" Because I'm a fricking moron DUHHHHHHH!!!!

Like I said, someone else (Scott Styles) also reports his own BB's have about the same feel as the ones I have.

Awfully coincidental, don't you think, if "grippers vary" blah blah blah, that we both just happen to have newer BB grippers which so far don't vary from each other, but do vary from the older FAQ comparison between BB's & CoC's.

I actually had one of the older BBSA grippers for awhile. It was a solid 1.5.

My Super master is like a 2.3 or 2.4. My grand master like a 2.8.

Either I got very lucky, or the Beef Builder grippers don't line up with the IM ones any more.

Mines about a 1.5 also.

I would rate my BB Super Advanced about 1.2 and my BB Master 1.8 on the COC scale.

This is why I'm going to order a BB Master here soon. I got the SA because I assumed it was about 1.7, but mine feels like abou 1.3 or 1.2. So I'm hoping the BBM will feel like 1.8 or so.

I would rate my BB Super Advanced about 1.2 and my BB Master 1.8 on the COC scale.

This is why I'm going to order a BB Master here soon. I got the SA because I assumed it was about 1.7, but mine feels like abou 1.3 or 1.2. So I'm hoping the BBM will feel like 1.8 or so.

I have a a BB Master and I would rate mine about a 1.7 or 1.8.

My BB Advance is about about .8...a little more than a Trainer.

I would have to put my BBM at 1.8, i dont know why but sometimes I find it harder to close than my 2005 #2.

I'm gonna order a 2006 #2, once Im satisfied that they have run through the stock of 2005.

I would have to put my BBM at 1.8, i dont know why but sometimes I find it harder to close than my 2005 #2.

I'm gonna order a 2006 #2, once Im satisfied that they have run through the stock of 2005.

Just wondering if anyone has a 2006 coc#2 or #3?

My BBM is harder than my #2. SA and SM seem to be right about 1.5 and 2.5, respectively.
How old are these grippers?

I got them in may '04.

My COC's are also '04 models. Has there been much change since?

My BBM is harder than my #2. SA and SM seem to be right about 1.5 and 2.5, respectively.
How old are these grippers?
I got them in may '04.

My COC's are also '04 models. Has there been much change since?

I'm not sure, but I think there might be some change/difference. I suspect newer BB's might be a little weaker than 2 years ago or when the "Which Gripper Should I Get" thread list was made.

Or maybe grippers just vary.

Still, I got the impression that CoC's & BB's were pretty consistent (which is why that Grip FAQ thread was made, maybe). I got a BBSM awhile back & a BBSA recently (both past 2 months) and my SM seems about like 2.3 and my SA seems about 1.3. Which seems similar to some other people's ratings.