Isg Springs

Elfer

So I just got my Ivanko super gripper (well, a replica anyway), and it works great, but I'm not sure how I would add or remove springs. I've got one extra spring, and it seems that just the actual dimensions of the spring would make it impossible to put it onto the frame, unless I'm missing some trick.

Do I need to take pliers to these or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
So I just got my Ivanko super gripper (well, a replica anyway), and it works great, but I'm not sure how I would add or remove springs. I've got one extra spring, and it seems that just the actual dimensions of the spring would make it impossible to put it onto the frame, unless I'm missing some trick.

Do I need to take pliers to these or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

You need to push the pivot handle, the one inside the frame, to the left or right to unhinge the 2 stop pads. The pivot handle will move downward about an inch, with a little push. The pivot handle should then be loose. Attach the springs.

You need to push the pivot handle, the one inside the frame, to the left or right to unhinge the 2 stop pads. The pivot handle will move downward about an inch, with a little push. The pivot handle should then be loose. Attach the springs.

I know that, but the actual space between the hook and the body of the spring isn't large enough to fit over the side of the pivot handle or the frame, it has to be hooked over the edge and rotated, but once it's attached to one side, you can't hook it to the other side, because you can only get the hook on the spring to the wide side of the handle.

I know that, but the actual space between the hook and the body of the spring isn't large enough to fit over the side of the pivot handle or the frame, it has to be hooked over the edge and rotated, but once it's attached to one side, you can't hook it to the other side, because you can only get the hook on the spring to the wide side of the handle.

Ok, I suggest you hook the spring on notch #1 with the spring rotated as much as possible to it`s side. Insert a large screw driver through the hook and on top of the handle at an angle. Slowly raise the screwdriver handle to stretch the spring until the hook is above the handle. Keep maneuvering the handle until the spring slides off onto the handle of the ISG. The #1 notch is the narrowest area to work with.

Ok, I suggest you hook the spring on notch #1 with the spring rotated as much as possible to it`s side. Insert a large screw driver through the hook and on top of the handle at an angle. Slowly raise the screwdriver handle to stretch the spring until the hook is above the handle. Keep maneuvering the handle until the spring slides off onto the handle of the ISG. The #1 notch is the narrowest area to work with.

The problem isn't spring length, it's hook width. To hook the other end onto the gripper, I'd have to actually bend the spring 90 degrees.

The problem isn't spring length, it's hook width. To hook the other end onto the gripper, I'd have to actually bend the spring 90 degrees.

Well Elfer, I have gone as far as I can. I have no problem with removing and replacing my springs on my ISG. I can not picture what you are talking about, but Good Luck anyways.

PDA has a specific tool for the ISG to help get the springs on and off. Check that out

I use a screwdriver and carefully pry it off.