How Do The Rb Grippers Rate

Davesbeard

I'll be closing the #2 any day now and i need a gripper to get me from the #2 to the #3. Like viper i live in the UK so getting a BB SM/GM will be fairly tricky.

However theres a company in the uk that sells RB grippers. Which one/s would you recommend as a stepping stone?

I'll be closing the #2 any day now and i need a gripper to get me from the #2 to the #3. Like viper i live in the UK so getting a BB SM/GM will be fairly tricky.

However theres a company in the uk that sells RB grippers. Which one/s would you recommend as a stepping stone?

180N

210N

240N

260N

180N

210N

240N

260N

I think I would pass on the 180 and 180N, as they are too close to the #2.

Hubgeezer

don't do it. i havr rb 210 and it's harder than my #3

RB grippers tend to vary more than most grippers, so take the following with a grain of salt.

I've felt about 4 RB240's and they were all in between my #2 and my #3. The RB210 I felt was easier than my #2. I'd suggest the RB240 based on my experiences.

Getting a BBSM wouldn't be that difficult. Call Warren Tetting up. Send him a check in US funds. And a couple weeks later you've got a gripper. The RB may be easier to get a hold of, but the SM wouldn't be very difficult at all.

Okay, if it were one RB gripper for which you are trying to duplicate the Super Master, I would pick the RB210Narrow. It "should be" closest to the SM.

I have never spoken to Tetting, but both times I have ordered directly from him, he sent me a full page handwritten letter. The first time was before I was on the Gripboard and sent him money based on prices I had read about 6 months earlier, added something for shipping, added something for inflation, and he sent me a refund check for $10 with his letter, when I had told him to keep the change. How about that for Integrity.

Hubgeezer

well, ive bought a hg300 an a rb260 - im not sure how to get hold of any beef builders

what about the hg300? i got a hg250 an i would say its somwhere around 220lbs - a little harder than my #2 an i like it because it is very smooth an never gets stuck like the COC grippers do

Edited by viper

HG300 is a good choice, as there is a chance it will fall in the range you want (a chance). But at the price it's worth it.

I have an RB210 (that I love) which is just barely harder than my Super Master.

From what I've read here, there is some serous variance in the Baraban grippers.

HG300 is a good choice, as there is a chance it will fall in the range you want (a chance). But at the price it's worth it.

From what I've read here, there is some serous variance in the Baraban grippers.

yeh i wasnt really looking at prices, but then i ran out of money before i could get any chalk :-S

so my rb260 is probably gonna be like a 3.5?? i was reading a website about them an it was saying they did vary a little like all grippers but were good quality and there is a massive range of them so i thought they must be ok - i wanted a gripper that was around 260lbs, so i got the rb260 - it seemed to make sense

I think i'll contact tetting and get a BBSM, even if its more hassle and a little bit more pricey it seems far more likely i'll get the right strength gripper.

Cheers guys.

yeh i wasnt really looking at prices, but then i ran out of money before i could get any chalk :-S

so my rb260 is probably gonna be like a 3.5?? i was reading a website about them an it was saying they did vary a little like all grippers but were good quality and there is a massive range of them so i thought they must be ok - i wanted a gripper that was around 260lbs, so i got the rb260 - it seemed to make sense

Theres a good chance that 260 will be a #3.

Theres a good chance that 260 will be a #3.

if its 280lbs im not that arsed, i will be able to do it for at least 1 rep so no worries, i can train with that

i donno about this rb300 now though, cuss i just got the rb250 for 18 no set reps

I think i'll contact tetting and get a BBSM, even if its more hassle and a little bit more pricey it seems far more likely i'll get the right strength gripper.

Cheers guys.

Good decision. Even if it´s harder to get BB Gripper´s in the UK you should take the BB´s

• 4 weeks later...

My RB180 is great and a little easier than my #2, my RB210 is harder, my RB 240 harder still but a tad easier than my #3.

If you get RB's from intense fitness you can get an excellent deal when buying 3 grippers at once - they probably work out cheaper than COCs.

Dax

I personally think BBSM as a very good gripper between #2 and #3. My filed #2 started to feel too easy, so I filed my SM. It's just perfect now.

if its 280lbs im not that arsed, i will be able to do it for at least 1 rep so no worries, i can train with that

i donno about this rb300 now though, cuss i just got the rb250 for 18 no set reps

Are you sure there is rb250? i don't think so.

Are you sure there is rb250? i don't think so.

oh no, sorry

meant hg, there is loads of rb grippers though, wouldnt surprise me if a 250 came out