Punched Myself In The Mouff

Starkmann

Got one of those 30lb tubs of timber ties. I've been working them over last night and today. The bend easy enough but are good for conditioning my hands, I think. I was surprised when the first one I bent snapped right in the middle. The third one did it too. The four and five just bent. I think it was about number six that I bent it real fast flipped it over and slmmed it home. The hand positioning for the crushdown was not all that different from the start position for those of you who use the folding technique. As I crushed and the nail snapped my hand slipped off and I hit myself in the mouth. Nothing major, don't think it even bled. Just really surprised. I thought it was funny and hope some of you did too.

While I have your attention, has anyone else had trouble with timber ties snapping? It seems that is that if I stop and let the nail set and cool it just bends. It's when I bend it fast and finish it fast that it snaps. The remedy is obvious but I thought I'd see if this is normal.

You are among a not-so-exclusive group of people who have punched themselves in the chin or lip. I have personally bloodied my own lip. We need badges or patches or something. Like a big fat lip. That would rock.

be careful when you do some of the grade 5s and 8s i did a grade 8 when i was bending and it snaped and i almost cut my neck just a scratch i also ran a bolt through my hand once when the leather cracked :tongue

Through as in clear through the hand?

Stark, it's very common for timber ties to snap on the crushdown.

And I also belong to the distinguished group of people who have punched themselves in the mouth. It even sounds intelligent.

Through as in clear through the hand?

Stark, it's very common for timber ties to snap on the crushdown.

And I also belong to the distinguished group of people who have punched themselves in the mouth. It even sounds intelligent.

[/about 3/4 of the way in almost came out i did have a pic cant find it in search

As Deaner will echo I am the rareified punch my own face master or P.M.O.F.M. I will try to load a gag reel of my punch athon I had a few months ago. I think I punched myself three times during one attempt at a 5.5" Red. Laughing my roomate who was filming can be heard saying, after he stopped laughing of course "I am going to buy you a mouth guard and a helmet..." Just another reason to chalk those pads man and save your face some bending damage. I did get some funny looks when people asked how I got the fat lip and I said bending. :blink

-AK Sean

Here is the punch-a-thon It is the all during round two...

be careful when you do some of the grade 5s and 8s i did a grade 8 when i was bending and it snaped and i almost cut my neck just a scratch i also ran a bolt through my hand once when the leather cracked :tongue

I almost stabbed myself in the neck trying to bend one of those G5s I bought from you. The one i snapped the end off. I can't believe you'd sell me something so dangerous Dan! :upsidedwn

nice vid, Guano Apes in the background.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one abusing himself in the process.. I'll keep an eye out for busted bolts. I may try to work my crushdown in an upside down approach (keep the bar in a V). Sonunds safer. I'd rather bloody my lift that stab myself in the neck.

Oh and kiddies, don't buy grade 5s from large men you don't know from Baltimore, eh Dan. ;-)

nice vid, Guano Apes in the background.

Oh and kiddies, don't buy grade 5s from large men you don't know from Baltimore, eh Dan. ;-)

yes i told JN about the bolts and even had a pic up of what could happen he must of had pizza grease on his fingers when he broke the bolt at the threads :whistel some one even said to wrap the whole bolt so if it broke no one would get hurt

I've bought 4 unique makes of timber ties, and none of them ever broke, unless I worked it back and forth a few dozen times. And others expereice that they often break? You're not bending, outdoors in Northern Minnesota on a February night, are you? Weird...

I've thrown a punch at my self, but it went high and I avoided contact. Still fearing the day when one lands... I don't want to be part of the club...

I almost stabbed myself in the neck trying to bend one of those G5s I bought from you. The one i snapped the end off. I can't believe you'd sell me something so dangerous Dan! :upsidedwn

Holy crap Nowinski posted. Where have you been man?

I've never had a Grade 5 or 8 break on the threads, how did you do that?