About Bb-grippers...?

Teemu I

I just recieved my BB-grippers. They are definetely nice. I just wonder, why my Super Elite is slightly narrower than my Elite? I've used to the idea with CoC-grippers, that harder ones have a slightly wider spread.

My Super Master is 5 mm narrower than my Elite.

1. Are these variations usual? I think they are, but still want to ask this from somebody with more experience about BB-grippers to be sure.

2. Does it mean that my Elite is "hard" and my Super Elite is "easy" ? I have to add that of course I know that they are both hard to close, but you know what I mean.

3. Does this mean that BB-grippers vary a bit more than Coc-grippers?

4. Are they send to the customer randomly, if his not aware of the possibility to request so called easier or harder versions of the same model?

5. Is my SM "easy" ?

If I'm on a right track here, I guess I got lucky? Having a harder Elite is good for me, as well as having an easier Super Elite.

Grippers vary. If you cannot close them now, they are hard. When you close them, they will be easy and you will be stronger.

I have Barabans that are all over the map. I have an RB240 and RB260, that aside from the marking on the handle, are IDENTICAL.

My RB180 is as hard as my RB210 and SuperMaster.

It's a nasty game. ;)

Good luck.

That is exactly that kind of answer I thought I would get, like I was whining about them being hard. Well, let me assure you, that is not the case.

You clearly wanted to miss my point.

I know grippers vary, but I just wanted to ask about that more specifically.

My purpose was and is to find out, if I still need to get some intermediate grippers or not.

I know you don't necesserily need any intermediate ones, but in my opinion it just makes things go smoother. ANY tiny bit of help and small stepping stones come in handy, because easy gains are allready behind and all that is left is tons of hard work.

My SA, M, GM, and E are all almost exactly 2-3/4". I think this is standard. My SM is just a tad narrower and my SE is a 3" beast. Grippers vary.

That is exactly that kind of answer I thought I would get, like I was whining about them being hard. Well, let me assure you, that is not the case.

You clearly wanted to miss my point.

I know grippers vary, but I just wanted to ask about that more specifically.

Grippers vary. Only you will know out of the group you described if they are hard or easy. Sometimes spread means nothing.

:whistel

OK, thanks guys. That was exactly my point, if the spread of the handles means a difference or not. Won't effect my training in any way. As I've now done a couple of days of experimenting with my new BB-grippers, I think they are exactly what I needed. They seem to fit just nicely into that inbetween zone.