wrist roller bar

Roark

Recently our local gym added a wrist roller on a

stand. But the bar is 1" in diameter and I find my

finger tips digging into my palm, and cannot get a

solid grip on the thin bar.

I'm thinking 1.5" or 2" roller bar would be ideal. But

I have never used such a bar on a wrist roller machine.

Anyone tried those sizes, and how do they compare

to 1"?

I want to work my forearms on this machine not my

grip.

Thanks

Roark,

I will attempt to write this so it might make some sense, so bear with me. I have a set up that I use and this is the discription. ( I don`t know if it is the same as your gym`s or not, never the less here goes)

a 1 inch bar about 6ft long supported by 2 stands, one on each end of 1 inch bar. I guess you could say it looks like a hitching post for horses that you see in western movies. I have a 1 inch roller threaded on the 1 inch bar. Next to the 1 inch is a 1 1/2 roller. ( the 11/2 steel pipe had to have a 1 inch washer welded on each end to  fit the support bar. next to the 11/2 is a 2 incher and next to the 2 inch is a 3 inch roller. so I have 4 rollers with various thickness on one support bar.

I begin with the 1 inch and go up to the 3 inch. I primarily do these the way Joe Kinney showed on his video. and with full roll ups as well.

As I go up in rollers the hands become more involved, but the forearms are having to torque  harder to get the hands to turn the larger diameter roller. Maybe it`s like a gear mechanism, you know the smaller gear having to work twice as hard to turn the larger engaging gear.

I also notice the muscle around the thumb is worked very intensely with the 2inch and 3 inch. All in all, I say a larger diameter roller works the forearms very hard and gets to the deeper forearm muscle fibers. Not an expert, just from experience with it. Any thoughts? Oh yea, had to fabricate the washers for the 2 inch and 3 inch to fit