New guy needs help

Guest DM24

Guest DM24

Hey!

I just got the CoC trainer for my birthday and the thng is cool as H-E-double hockey sticks.  I went from almost closed to 12 reps with either hand in about 2 1/12 weeks. My first question is at what point should I order the #1?  Is it a certain amount of reps?  Should I do lots of low reps to condition all the tendos and ligaments etc. before I move on?

I also made myself a 1.8 in. wrist roller and am wondering if the grip has  any signifcant bearing on the work being done.  I was just toying with it and did palms down flex and ext. and also did palms up flex and ext.  Does this sound like a good idea or just too much of the same thing?  

I'm going to lurk around here a while to see what else I can dig up on the matter.

Thanks,

Dan

several sets of low reps on the grippers. order the #1 right now. Go in the grip FAQ and read about strap holds.

The wrist roller works the forearms more than the grip.

Dan,

Get the #1 and the #2 grippers.  Also, we have REQUIRED reading on this forum!  It's the book by John Brookfield, "Mastery Of Hand Strength".  Get it, read it - we will quiz you from time to time, so be prepared!  :)

Oh yeah.... Welcome to the GripBoard!!  :)  :)

Guest DM24

I'm definitely getting Brookfield's book.  It's a toss up between that, Tommy Kono's book, and "The Way to Live" by Hackenschmidt.  I can't decide what's next on my list.

Tou - I think you misunderstood my wrist roller question or I didn't write properly.  What I wanted to know was if there were any advantage to flexing and extending the wrist in both the pronated and supinated positiions?  Or is this simply doing the same thing twice?

Thanks

Dan

Experiment with hands on top and under the roller-

the important detail is which way you are winding

the rope/or cord.