Council Nearly There!

David Horne

So we will soon know who the initial 13 members of the Grip Council will be.

The first task of the 13 will be to vote for a chairman, which should be done yearly as well. A chairman has no extra powers (1 vote like the rest), just extra work! He is needed as a person who will bring together the meeting and all the questions from the grip community. He will then chair the meeting, and once enough discussion has been done on a particular subject he will call for a vote. In the event of council members not being able to make certain meetings, he will have sent the questions to the missing member previously, who will then send his votes back.

Second task will be for the 13 members to put together some names for the organisation. Which may be voted on by the grip community. We shall see what the council think. Some names could be for example;

World Grip Association

World Hand Strength Association

etc

After this questions such as how many members per country, record keeper, minutes keeper, meeting dates and possible fund will all be discussed. Plus much more.

All for now,

David

Sounds great and well thought of!!!!

To the Grip Council

We're just about, I hope, to start a special journey. Those of us this year that were voted for by their Gripboard peers have a responsibility to do what we can even if for just 12 months to improve the organisation of what we hope will become a sport.

It is early days and roles will be decided as we go along. There will be both arguments and agreements and even, if virtual, the occasional walking out. But we can all be reminded that we share a passion for the squeezing of a gripper, the lifting of a v-bar, the bending of cold steel. We've come a long way already in what is really a short time when guys and gals are driving 1000km across Europe (the Germans in their minibus are a fine example) or 400 miles plus for Americans. When the same are flying yet more miles, across countries and continents in order to 'come and have a go' with no thought, for many, of winning.

If we can, when things get heated, remind ourselves of this and together help formulate and put together the foundations of an international association for others in years to come to build on then, again even if just for a year, we'll have done something special.

To competitors, grip training athletes and grip fans

With your input and support the people representing you will do a good job. Without it they are nothing more than 'men in suits'. Ask yourself what ideas you can put forward, through your reps, that can improve the sport. Sometimes the ideas may seem simple and sometimes grand but if they help make grip standardiszed and mean more and more competitions and bigger and bigger support and greater an greater recognition then all comments - great or small will have helped.

Most of all I urge all to do 'their bit'. Try and attend as many competitions as you can, compete as best you are able and put aside personal rivalries. What you do now others will look back on tomorrow. Years from now a man, 10000 miles away on the other side of the world may use a technique you suggested and take the sport to a new level. You are all grip fans - we like to see the impossible made possible. Together we can do this.

Fin.

Dave do you think the minutes of meetings and stuff dicussed will be made public or more just for the council? Obviously not who voted for what but points argued, reasoning behind decisions, etc..? Looks to off to a great start :)

Edited by Dude

Sounds like we should let Steve be in charge of the Mission Statement - that boy has some writing skills he's kept hidden - very nicey said Steve. Seriously - like all organizations, a mission statement should be put together to state the goals of the group for all to see. Thanks Wanna for the forum space to keep us all up to date - things are shaping up nicely already.

Cheers dude. I like to write occasionally and have had stuff published in the muscle mags from time to time (as well as running my old magazine myself). I'd need input but am sure I could put something together. It would be fluid in so far as it will need to be added to from time to time. I'd also be happy to try and get stuff on what we enjoy into the other mags and journals.