One Thing I Would Love To See From World Grip Panel

Bob Lipinski

It's about time we have a damn set of recognized events and rules!

I have a good start on my page, but really I don't care who makes the wording, I will just post whatever is decided on.

I think it would be cool too. As long as those aren't the only events at the contest. If there is just the standard events at every contest then it gets stale, IMO. I think it would be cool to have a few standard events and a few non standard, like a blob medley, or axle hold for time, or whatever.

My vision is a rather large list of standard events.

And of course, room for non standard events.

But really, there are enough events that are in tons of competitions- Bending, levering, one hand deadlift, double overhand axle, rolling thunder, grippers, blob lifts, pinch lifts, etc, along with various implements, that we could have a fairly standard list that would cover alot of events and leave plenty of room for variety.

This isn't a call to standardize all contests, just a call to standardize some of the rules.

Why 5 attempts when all other major comps have 4?

Regardless, good job!

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Hah, I just listed 5 as a maximum.

My page was just something Brian Carlton and I threw up on our own Mikael, this is exactly the kind of thing I think we need to decide upon for good.

My "rules" list is just a starting point. I am willing to go with the flow.

I forgot exactly the reason we chose 5, but I wanted to make something all inclusive of all the grip contests that were out there.

Yes all this will be voted upon. My thoughts would have been say 5-6 top events that are 'Grand Slam' contests where events are similar and standardised. These would be the top notch events that people will want to compete in. For the future prospective promoters who want an event to be featured in the 'Grand Slam', maybe the contest has to say run for a while, or prove the depth of quality competitors, and longevity of event.

Anyway, many interesting things to talk about, vote for, and go forward!

David