06 Gm Vs. 05 #3

JoeGrip

Just got the 06 GM in the mail five minutes ago, grabbed the spring"basicly a not set cause I never set since Im absolutely horrile at it"- placed it- gave it all I had and got it to a lil less than a 1/4" from closed right hand and parrallel w/ the left, rested a sec grabbed the 05#3 repeated the process from above and got it a lil less than parrallel right and not quite to parrallel left. Man this thing is either way easier than I expected or else My #3 has got to be a beast, it was really shocking how much easier the GM was compared to the #3 w/ all that Ive heard about how they are supposed to be close in difficulty to the #3.Its just a regular GM, not one of the new incriment ones their doing now, new knurling, 2 5/8" spread, flush set, and I love it, definantly the stepping stone I needed to my #3. Its always fun adopting a new gripper to add to the collection, as far as BB's go now Ive got the SM,GM,SE all w/ the new knurling, and they are all great, the E is on the way once the next paycheck hits, then after that Ill swoop up a couple RB's if I can get them how I want them<- w/ stamping and a good paint job on the spring.Then hopefully" but proly not" that will put some kind of a hault to this gripper aquireing addiction "gaa" I seem to have develped ever since I started this sport.

Its just a regular GM, not one of the new incriment ones their doing now, new knurling, 2 5/8" spread, flush set, and I love it, definantly the stepping stone I needed to my #3.

Hey Joe,

I'd like to try that... send it to me! :D My GM is easier than the newer IM #3's coming out. :cool

2 5/8" spread is the most important detail in your post. What's the spread on your #3? If it's not wider than 2 5/8, I'll be SHOCKED. Same spring, same mounting, different spread...then the narrow one is going to be easier.

2 5/8" spread is the most important detail in your post. What's the spread on your #3? If it's not wider than 2 5/8, I'll be SHOCKED.

Josh,

Do you really think that the spread is the difference? I'm thinking it's just the spring itself, and probably the mounting as well.

Oh yeah, I'd say it's the spread. Maybe it's a weak spring but unless you have x-ray vision who knows. If it had the same spread and mounting as the #3 then you would know for sure. He said the mounting was flush, that sounds like the IM mounting to me.

I agree, probably an "easy" GM based on the spread. Like everyone says, it's a lottery.

I got a GM awhile back and it has a 2 3/4" spread (seasoned). It's a tad easier than my 2004 #3 with the ~3" spread, but I sure would have liked one of the narrower ones.

.Then hopefully" but proly not" that will put some kind of a hault to this gripper aquireing addiction "gaa" I seem to have develped ever since I started this sport.

nope your hooked :flame you'll keep buying :whacked like me

The spread is a big factor, my #3 is 2 15/16" spread, the GM is definantly easier to get your hand around and has a pretty easy sweep but from parallel to closed the GM is way "Im goin to go ahead and say way cause imo it is" easier than the #3. I havent closed the GM yet Ive only gotten it 1/8" from closed, but I have been able to hold it closed on a negative, wich I definantly cant do w/ the #3.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a #3 with a 3" spread, and a GM with a 11/16" spread. The GM is quite a bit easier than the #3, but still an excellent stepping stone.