What I Would Love To Do

Bob Lipinski

When I go to the GGC, I would love to compare their grippers to my contest grippers. I would like to start somehow keeping "records" of the toughest gripper closed in american contests.

While the Euro calibration system sounds good, it would be nice to just have someone squeeze the grippers side by side, and have sort of a ranking among promoters on the difficulty of their contest set of grippers.

Starting with the hardest grippers would be the most fun. I suppose we could just take this up as the need arises. From what I gather, the hardest gripper closed in competition would be a #4 at Backyard Bastard Bash. If anybody closes anything close to that again, it would be nice to work out a comparison somehow.

My contest lineup is pretty good, though if there were more #4 closers I would have to expand a little. I've trained quite a bit with all of these grippers, so I know they are seasoned and I am very sure of their order. I use:

HG150, 200, 250, Narrow SM, Narrow GM, HG300, easier#3, harder#3, PDA190, easier elite, harder elite, silver elite, #4.

I have 3 grippers that I could find a place in there if I needed to, but I haven't trained with enough yet.

You could get some people to sponsor a gripper then get some one to be keeper of the grippers. The grippers can only be used for top comps. with no use of them at all til comp time. Then before the comp. mail them to the comp. place. The seal to be broke day of comp. The comp. could pay shipping to and fro. Just some ideas been thinking about. Would level the playing field.

You could get some people to sponsor a gripper then get some one to be keeper of the grippers. The grippers can only be used for top comps. with no use of them at all til comp time. Then before the comp. mail them to the comp. place. The seal to be broke day of comp. The comp. could pay shipping to and fro. Just some ideas been thinking about. Would level the playing field.

Good point Steve...this is a very good idea :rock

Just use the Euro grippers - pay shipping - job done.

The US Postal Service and UPS lose / damage packages on a regular basis. It'd have to be some sort of super expensive shipping service to eliminate the risk of losing all the Euro grippers.